Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Quickly adding Windows integrated keywords to photos

Photo Editing Software

Quickly adding Windows integrated keywords to photos

jaxonabroad

Quickly adding Windows integrated keywords to photos

Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:18 am

Greetings fellow Pbase users,
I am looking for a way to easily edit many photo’s Windows keywords. I know that many photo organizing/browsing programs offer easy keyword manipulation but those programs do no affect the keywords, which are integrated into Windows XP. You can view the Windows keywords by right clicking on a photo and choosing the summary tab. I find the Windows keywords to be a logical way to label photos because then you are not dependant on other software, which may not always be around or may change its configurations and render your keywords useless. Using the Windows integrated keywords insures compatibility and ease of backup.
Does anyone know of software or a way within Windows, which could help?
Thank you,
Jaxon

dds

Re: Quickly adding Windows integrated keywords to photos

Post Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:00 am

jaxonabroad wrote:...I am looking for a way to easily edit many photo’s Windows keywords. ... Using the Windows integrated keywords insures compatibility and ease of backup. Does anyone know of software or a way within Windows, which could help?

I'm not sure I fully agree with your reasons for this, however, if you want to set the same keyword(s) (as well as other things) on multiple image files, it's relatively easy. Just select in an Explorer window all the files you want to change, right-click, select Properties, go to Keywords tab, add keywords, click OK or Apply. I normally do this from an Explorer window with the display set to Thumbnails so I can see the images. After setting a group of files to a common keyword(s), I can then go back and add individual keywords to selected files, if necessary.

dds

ukexpat

Re: Quickly adding Windows integrated keywords to photos

Post Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:38 pm

dsteinauer wrote:
jaxonabroad wrote:...I am looking for a way to easily edit many photo’s Windows keywords. ... Using the Windows integrated keywords insures compatibility and ease of backup. Does anyone know of software or a way within Windows, which could help?

I'm not sure I fully agree with your reasons for this, however, if you want to set the same keyword(s) (as well as other things) on multiple image files, it's relatively easy. Just select in an Explorer window all the files you want to change, right-click, select Properties, go to Keywords tab, add keywords, click OK or Apply. I normally do this from an Explorer window with the display set to Thumbnails so I can see the images. After setting a group of files to a common keyword(s), I can then go back and add individual keywords to selected files, if necessary.

dds

You can also do bulk renaming the same way in WindowsXP. Select relevant files, right click -> rename.

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Quickly adding Windows integrated keywords to photos