Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software What advantages does Adobe CS have over version 7 ?

Photo Editing Software

What advantages does Adobe CS have over version 7 ?

richard

What advantages does Adobe CS have over version 7 ?

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:19 am

Was hoping someone could give me a good reason to upgrade to
Adobe CS. Are there that many things CS can do that Photoshop version 7.0 cannot? :roll:

Thanking you in advance for any imput you may have.
Richard

castledude

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:55 pm

Here is what adobe says http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop ... tures.html

The only features that I have really noticed is the better handling of RAW files, they now include the RAW filter and most features will let you stay in RAW. In 7 the raw import was a $100 plugin and you needed to convert to 8bit before you could do most functions.

Filters are still 8bit for the most part.

I HATE the product activation. It does not like non-standard hard disk systems and since I run in RAID-0 for speed it constantly makes me re-register.

joseju

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:49 pm

Lets see, of course there the better RAW file handling. It also has a better file browser. There a a bunch of lil tid bits like photo filters and the shadow hi-light function under the adjustments menu. Oh, and if you are commercial, it is a lot easier to create a picture package. Back in 7 you had to go into a text file in the photoshop folder and configure a custom photo package. I sure there a lot of little improvements depending on what it is you do with photoshop, ex: photographer, web designer, digital artist, ect...

rbk

Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:51 pm

The shadows/highlights function is pretty stunning - can quickly bring an underexposed photo back from the grave. You also get a plugin filter gallery with previews. I've never liked the PS interface though, give me Corel PhotoPaint (up to v10, they ruined it after) every time. Cheaper, too :)

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software What advantages does Adobe CS have over version 7 ?