Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Photo Protection Software....

Photo Editing Software

Photo Protection Software....

ricroce

Photo Protection Software....

Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:05 pm

Does anyone know of any software out there which will help me prevent unauthorized printing of my images from a cd? Or something which allows clients to view the images, without giving them access to copy or print them out?
Thanks.

bobtrips

Post Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:31 am

If you can find one the music companies will pay a fortune for it.

Just put small rez files on the CD - half a meg is plenty for screen display.

I suppose someone could rip off your images and make a fortune by printing them on refrigerator magnets. If that happens, just wait until they've raked in the big bucks and then sue their pants off.... :D

joseju

Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:52 pm

There are various ways to give clients a preview of your images. I agree about the low res images. Make sure what ever you give them for preview is only 72dpi and i would recommend a 640x480 res.

Besides a CD you can also put you images on the web for preview with the same specs as above.

Another tip that will make sure they will not get a good print if they try to rip you off is using a watermark. Just a slightly visible watermark with you logo or just the word proof on the middle of the image will give them trouble if they do try to print your image.

Even if you do this they can still print out your images but they will get a low quality image with your watermark all over it.

jay555

Post Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:31 pm

There is a very strong watermark protection called VISUAL WATERMARK.
Photo Watermark

ernst

Post Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:15 am

An alternative might be to put your images together in a PDF-file with Adobe Acrobat. For this file you can set security settings as you prefer (includes print permissions).

jay555

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:50 pm

eml wrote:An alternative might be to put your images together in a PDF-file with Adobe Acrobat. For this file you can set security settings as you prefer (includes print permissions).

By the way, visual watermark can convert pictures to pdf!

reflectionsbyruth

Post Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:54 pm

you can also put them in a slideshow that they can view.
ost slide shows I have seen dont allow you to right click to save the picture thats on the screen at the time.

pdf was another good suggestion.

so if you watermark and then use either pdf or slideshow, you should be showing your clients what they need.

dlsoftware

DlSoftware.Net - Free Online WaterMark Image Protector

Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:11 pm

Hello Guys!,
we may have another answer to your photo protection dilema.
i have a website http://www.dlsoftware.net , if you visit the service(s) page you can access a link that will allow you to upload your images directly and have watermark protection applied instantly.

Please note this is a free service for webmaster(s) i appologize if this reply is in the wrong place of the site as it also plugs my website ;)

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Photo Protection Software....