Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software cannot open files inCR3

Photo Editing Software

cannot open files inCR3

labourgeoise

cannot open files inCR3

Post Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:21 pm

I just reloaded photoshop CS3 and cannot view my raw files in the bridge ( I see a CR2 icon) I can see the Jpeg files ( shooting raw + jpeg). I'm sure I could see them before.
also when I double clink on the raw file to open it in cs3 it says it cannot complete as it is the wrong kind of document.
They show up in my bridge as a .cr2 file or .jpeg. Aby idea what is wrong?

dougj

Re: cannot open files inCR3

Post Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:41 pm

If your camera was shipped after CS3 was initially released, the ACR version it included will probably not be able to open the RAW files. The message you are receiving is a good indication this is the problem. Here's a list of PS updates by type for Windows, note the last ACR that is compatible with CS3 is v. 4.6. There is also an update for CS3 you might consider. I hope this helps.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/ ... rm=Windows

labourgeoise

Post Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:34 am

Thank you. I downloaded the plug in version 4.6 as it included my camera and was compatible with cs3.
I used the tech note kb407110 and kb407111 and kb402444 to do it. These are on adobe.com under support.

dougj

Post Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:59 am

I'm glad you got it sorted out, thanks for the info on the tech notes.

namratasnv

Post Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:43 am

labourgeoise wrote:Thank you. I downloaded the plug in version 4.6 as it included my camera and was compatible with cs3.
I used the tech note kb407110 and kb407111 and kb402444 to do it. These are on adobe.com under support.

Hi,

This is no doubt very useful as, I was too finding these plug in and here I got this version I was having kb402444 as I can easily use with this.

Thanks!

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software cannot open files inCR3