Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Photoshop 7 for Dummies

Photo Editing Software

Photoshop 7 for Dummies

jim_panzee

Photoshop 7 for Dummies

Post Mon May 10, 2004 6:35 am

OK I'm sorry, another Photoshop instruction question. I have a couple of "Dummies" books which I have always found to be very good reference manuals, I am planning a trip to the UK at the end of May (I can't get anything in Austria), and thought about buying the "Photoshop 7 for Dummies" as I find the Photoshop help a bit ambiguous and require more illustrations to work from. Has anybody used this book and can give a review of it. Also is there another good book which I should consider with plenty of pictures and step by step instructions for Photoshop 7.

ugot2bkdng

Post Mon May 10, 2004 10:34 pm

"How to Use Photoshop 7" Visually and in full color. A SAMS publication :)
Chuck

ilanphoto

Post Tue May 11, 2004 5:52 am

I have heard a lot of positive responses about "Photoshop for photographers" the main advantage is that it was written specifically for photographers and not say graphic artists

jim_panzee

Post Tue May 11, 2004 7:06 am

ilanphoto wrote:I have heard a lot of positive responses about "Photoshop for photographers" the main advantage is that it was written specifically for photographers and not say graphic artists

This is what I liked about the "Dummies" books, they assume you are an idiot before you start reading, and so long as the end result is what you were hoping to achieve, the technical bits don't matter a jot. Photoshop is confusing enough for professionals at the start, let alone beginners, if anyone can tell me what "Desaturate" and what a "Gradient Map" is without a diagram to refer to I would be happy to see it, (No I don't want to know now).
So, it looks like I shall be doing a lot browsing in the book stores of Brighton in a couple of weeks time. The wife won't like it , but what the hell.

paulsilkphotography

Post Tue May 11, 2004 3:40 pm

Adobie Photoshop 6/7/CS (take your pic) for photographers by Martin Evening is a very good book but definately not a lead you by the hand book :)

Paul

boback

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:57 pm

I would recommend Total Training for Photoshop 7. Its a DVD but fantastic, with some amazing tips and instructions. Sort of thing that makes you go.. OOOHHH, that IS a nice feature.

Regards
Boback

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Photoshop 7 for Dummies