Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Best monitor for photo editing ?

Photo Editing Software

Best monitor for photo editing ?

hawkyey1

Best monitor for photo editing ?

Post Sun May 10, 2009 11:34 am

I'm in the process of buying a new monitor that I'm getting for the sole purpose of photo editing (love my note book, but screen is no-good).

Looking at a 19" plus in size and also CRTs will not be considered

Any advice any one?

dougj

Re: Best monitor for photo editing ?

Post Sun May 10, 2009 12:23 pm

Depends on your budget. Dell recently introduced the 2209WA (not E2209W or S2209W), a 22" wide screen with an e-IPS type panel (IPS is good). The reviews are very good and it's mentioned frequently and favorably in photo forums. I'm satisfied with the performance for photo editing. Check Dell for pricing, it's probably about US $250 or so, and Google for reviews. You can move up to a 24" HP (L2475W gets very good reviews), Apple Cinema or at the high end an Eizo for about $5,000.

hawkyey1

Post Mon May 11, 2009 9:22 am

Cheers dougj

I'll look at it for sure.

jamesfranklin

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:55 pm

There are more than hundreds of different varieties of Monitors that can easily render your Edit Photos...
I suggest the best one "Apple HD Cinema 32" monitor"
That can easily support your High definition photos.
Photo Editing

Photo Editing Services

Picture Restoration and Repairing Services

boliston

Post Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:15 pm

I got an HP ZR22w a couple of days ago and it seems to work well with photos.

At £240 it's good value for a 21.5" IPS display. There is no way I could ever now go back to TN again.

aarenlainey

Post Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:08 am

I suggest you that just dont use a monitor because a monitor is no good for photo editing if it is not calibrated. Whenever you get a monitor, buy a product that can calibrate your monitor. I would suggest the Eizo ColorGraphics CG241W wide gammut with hardware calibration is considered the highest-grade standard monitor for professional image and video editing work. This is about as good as it gets without spending a lot more money. More importantly, it is great for soft proofing.
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Best monitor for photo editing ?