Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Paint Shop Pro?

Photo Editing Software

Paint Shop Pro?

caeclyd

Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:02 am

I have used Paintshop pro for about 6 years. I like the software and find it easy to use. About this time last year I went on some formal training on how to use Photoshop. I found that I could easily adapt to the Photoshop software BUT all I could think of was ....Paintshop could do this but simpler!
I am now on Psp 9 and it fis my needs perfectly and at a quarter of the price of Photoshop.

dmoes

Paint Shop Pro

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:24 pm

Ok enough about PSP and how good it is. OK well its great for my use and will even handle RAW from my D70. I do have a slight problem though. I am using PSP 9 the Xsif information is handy but it seems to loose a bit of the information however. in PSP I cant seem to see the ISO equivelent used for any images. does anyone know how to get this information to read into PSP

picchick

Post Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:30 am

I think it all depends on what you need to do - I use PSP9 and enjoy the simplicity of 'cleaning up' a photo quickly. Hubby uses PhotoShop and loves making funky stuff out of photos. I find Photoshop a little too many steps for simple stuff, but that's just me.

Fear not, you are not in that corner alone! :?

larena

Post Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:25 am

Dmoes, I'm using PSP9 & don't have the problem you're describing. My ISO equivalent data is retained with no problems.

I wonder if the software you're using to transfer the photos from your camera might be removing it? Is the ISO info missing from the beginning or does it only disappear after you've edited the photos?

lookheretitia

Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:55 pm

I'm working with PSP7 and I'm quite satisfied with it. I have PS7 too, but it seems I can't find myself sitting down to learn the stuff. Besides, as English is not my native language, it sometimes is a bit hard to understand all the technical talk.
I use PSP only for minor changes, bit of lightening, Sepia and B&W coloring, nothing fancy.

Titia

andrys

Post Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:19 am

larena wrote:Dmoes, I'm using PSP9 & don't have the problem you're describing. My ISO equivalent data is retained with no problems.

I wonder if the software you're using to transfer the photos from your camera might be removing it? Is the ISO info missing from the beginning or does it only disappear after you've edited the photos?

Hi, Larena.

I'm using only PSP8 and now I do want to get 9.

8 doesn't have the ISO for my camera's output and this is usually
dependent (for my camera, that is), on the ability to get the vendor's
Canon S400 info. So many don't read that ISO. BUT the free irfanview
does. A wonderful program for viewing, by the way, and for dirty-quick
editing, and for batch processing of all kinds, available at
http://irfanview.com

larena

Post Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:39 am

I agree, Andrys. irfanview is great. Before discovering PBase I used it for all my thumbnail creating. It's also good for downloading video codecs that Media Player & others refuse to get.

If you want to get PSP9 I'd recommend installing the 60 day trial first so you can make sure it does what you want. It can happily coexist with previous versions of PSP without breaking anything. Although it's not that different from 8 I upgraded mostly for the Infill Flash & Digital Camera Noise Removal tools & because you can bind scripts to icons now.

Larena

mike_curtis

PSP... Works for me

Post Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:36 pm

I am a PSP 9 user, and have found I'm able to do anything I want to do with my images using it.

creativematrix

Get a copy before Corell messes it up.

Post Fri May 13, 2005 6:00 pm

As soon as I heard tyhat Paint Shop Pro was sold to Correl I ponied up the bucks for the latest version.
I've been using it since version 2.8 with no regrets. I always come back to it no matter what else I have mounted. There are some things you just dive in and do. That require an advanced degree in other programs. :D

robertwhite

PSP

Post Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:21 am

I use PSP8 I find it very user friendly without the need to take an apprentaship, yet to try version 9
Bob

bobt54

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:03 pm

Just got an email offer on an upgrade :

http://www.corel.com/promotions/psp_launch/pspx_1/index.html

Other than this ad, has anyone heard anything more on this. No beta to download but they will take your money on preorder. We used to be able to try it first. Guess that is Corel's mark on the product.

Previous

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Paint Shop Pro?