Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Paint Shop Pro?

Photo Editing Software

Paint Shop Pro?

mstum

Paint Shop Pro?

Post Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:24 pm

So, am I the only one using Paint Shop Pro?

Or should I crawl into the corner of shame for even having mentioned it? :-)

ugot2bkdng

Post Sat May 01, 2004 8:23 am

No, I think a lot of folks use it. I use PSP8 and PS7. Some things I like to do in PSP. Some things I like to do in PS. It is not uncommon for me to use both programs on a single picture.
Chuck

ozrudeboy

Paint shop pro

Post Wed May 12, 2004 12:49 pm

Yes Id have to agree, there are some cool features on PSP 8 that Pshop dont seem to have or it would take too long to do,
I like the ad borders feature and the pic framing, and it does sepia tone at the click of a mouse,
Cheers.

bobt54

Re: Paint Shop Pro?

Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:38 pm

mstum wrote:Or should I crawl into the corner of shame for even having mentioned it? :-)

Then I will be in that corner with you. I use PSP for many of my photo editing needs. I am sure that as I get better at photo editing and learn more that I will need to use both, but for now PSP fits my needs.

All of my Open Source buddies are raving about GIMP. Have your tried that? It's pretty powerful and the price is right.

kmayo

Post Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:03 pm

I too use PSP. I've actually been using it for a number of years, and I for one believe it to be almost as good as Photoshop (and easier). I find that I only use Photoshop (7) for the healing brush, which is outstanding for portrait work.

matiasasun

Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:22 am

Look; Photoshop does not work on Win98SE, and Paint Shop do... Chile have the biggest amount of computers in Latin America, but they are not allways the newest. A lot of people around here use that software.
Matias, Chile - http://www.pbase.com/matiasasun
Resources, HOWTOs, Samples and more! - http://pbasewiki.srijith.net/

cbss

Post Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:26 pm

Count me in I to use PaintShop Pro . I like version 7 but do also use version 8
Chuck

ukexpat

Post Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:05 pm

Version 9 is in beta right now:

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/945284156/1

pinemikey

Post Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:33 pm

I've used Photoshop over the years and am running the latest ...30 day demo. The first time I used paintshop pro I was really impressed. I'm running the 30 day demo of that one too. I'll probably buy a copy, because the plug-ins and scripts do everything I need. I particularly like the picture framing scripts which really add a nice touch to my photos. Photoshop is better in a few ways but really is like using a sledgehammer for a pushpin...most of the features don't get used unless you're a professional. However, I'd like to learn how to use photoshop more just to see what I can get out of it.

ericvision

Post Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:10 pm

matiasasun wrote:Look; Photoshop does not work on Win98SE, and Paint Shop do... Chile have the biggest amount of computers in Latin America, but they are not allways the newest. A lot of people around here use that software.

I have Win98SE on my machine, and I use Photoshop 7 without any problem at all.

matiasasun

Post Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:05 pm

Right, but the CS version won´t run
Matias, Chile - http://www.pbase.com/matiasasun
Resources, HOWTOs, Samples and more! - http://pbasewiki.srijith.net/

catbounds

Post Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:50 pm

I started out a couple of years ago w/ both PSP7 & PS7; PSP seemed soooo much easier to learn, so I did everything in it; now I'm discovering the things that I can do in PS that aren't possible in PSP, but my most used filters, like Xero and Buzz Pro, I still use in PSP, so I love 'em both! An old dog can learn new tricks if she really wants to :wink: .

alixjames

Post Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:29 am

I've been using PSP since it was shareware. I'm still not sure that PSP 9 is worth the upgrade though. I've been using it for a few weeks on trial and the only thing I really like is the built in Digital Camera Noise Removal. I had been using a stand alone program for this and it was a hassle movng back and forth.

goofup

Post Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:22 am

I have both PSP9 and PE3. What one won't do the other will. I think the PSP9 (now 9.01) upgrade was well worth it. Yes, the noise removal is nice, but the cromatic aberation remover is the best I've ever seen. It's amazing to watch it work and very simple to use.

I think a lot of people just "think" they need PS CS. Sorta like they feel they must have a Farrari cause it's The Best, but they really only use it to go to Walmart.

caeclyd

Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:00 am

I have used Paintshop pro for about 6 years. I like the software and find it easy to use. About this time last year I went on some formal training on how to use Photoshop. I found that I could easily adapt to the Photoshop software BUT all I could think of was ....Paintshop could do this but simpler!
I am now on Psp 9 and it fis my needs perfectly and at a quarter of the price of Photoshop.

Next

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Paint Shop Pro?