Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Cropping to print.... or all I want are my edge details.

Photo Editing Software

Cropping to print.... or all I want are my edge details.

prinothcat

Cropping to print.... or all I want are my edge details.

Post Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:10 am

I'll start off by saying that I know I need a better option for photos than iPhoto. I just purchased my macbook, and have nothing in the bank for anything better than what I have installed. So, the problem I have, is that when I go to print an image, iPhoto wants to crop a 1/4" all the way around the image, discarding edge details that I want. I figure if I shot it that way I should be able to print all the image, not just what Apple thinks I want to see..... It's like the old dark room days where a negative holder had to be modified to print full frame. Has anyone else been annoyed by this "feature"? Annoyed enough to figure a work around? I'm migrating from LInux, and have used Gimp for a long while. It's ported to MAc, but doesn't work the same way, and I have been unable to get it to print. So I'm stuck doing my edits in Gimp, then using iPhoto or worse, the HP shop stuff that loaded with my printer drivers.......

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Cropping to print.... or all I want are my edge details.