Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Burning photos in Photoshop?

Photo Editing Software

Burning photos in Photoshop?

fastuno

Burning photos in Photoshop?

Post Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:26 pm

Does anyone have any links to a how to burn photos in photoshop? I want to bring out certian subjects in photos & burn out edges. I have seen some work on this, but it looks very edgy. I want to do a smooth seemless burn, that transitions easily.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.pbase.com/fastuno

paulsilkphotography

Post Sat May 08, 2004 6:56 pm

For doing a gradual darkrning or lightning to the edges of a image use quick mask in conjuction with the gradiant tool then adjust the levels, for small parts of the image that you say are to "edgey" then proberley you are using the burn or dodge tool with too sharp an edge alter it to a soft edge brush/tool to get a more feathered effect from the burning in.

Paul
http://www.pbase.com/craftysnapper

stanmore

Post Sat May 08, 2004 10:56 pm

As well as the Burn tool the new Shadow/Highlights adjustment in CS does a great jog with 'burning-in' highlights. It's not exactly intuitive but it's well worth learning - it can restore hightlights like no other PS feature.

vhansen

Post Sun May 09, 2004 4:33 am

You can also try this method:
Add a layer over the background layer, fill it with 50% gray, and set the layer blend mode to Hard Light.
Now paint on that layer with black paint to "burn" and white paint to "dodge".

photolady7

Re: Burning photos in Photoshop?

Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:11 pm

When burning for contrast such as clouds, or anything, set you percent to no more than 6%! You can always go over it, but this makes it a natural transistion.

joseju

dodge/burn

Post Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:12 am

Vikki u got that book too? Anyway here the way I do it. In photoshop create a new layer at the top of your image and change the composite mode to soft light. Now get the brush tool and change the hardness to 30%. Use black to burn and white to dodge.
-check out my pix

louiereformado

VCD ENCODING

Post Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:55 am

ANYONE WHO HAVE A GOOD ENCODER ON VCD.....THANKS

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Burning photos in Photoshop?