Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software A comment on Lightroom

Photo Editing Software

A comment on Lightroom

mnoble

A comment on Lightroom

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:50 pm

I started using Lightroom while it was still in Beta. I grabbed it when it first came out and used it along with Photoshop CS2. However, once I upgraded to CS3, I have left Lightroom behind. The only thing I use it for any more is to print from. That's it. I shoot in RAW and use Adobe Camera RAW for initial processing and then finish it off in Photoshop.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

dougj

Re: A comment on Lightroom

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:22 pm

I use PS CS2 and either ACR or Canon's DPP for RAW conversion. I looked at Lightroom when it was in Beta, and I just didn't get it - I didn't see how it would improve workflow or the output. I understand a lot of pros now use it, as they like it for fast basic processing and more so for organizing large quantities of photos. I've read that Lightroom users still rely on PS for post processing beyond the basics in Lightroom. I don't shoot weddings or assignments that produce lots of photos that need to be processed quickly, so I don't think it offers me much of an improvement over what I do now. CS2 introduced some very nice, new features, I'm looking at CS3 now. Are you satisfied with CS3? Are there new features that have helped or enabled a better workflow?

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software A comment on Lightroom