Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Newbie! Multiple images on one page with tags???

Photo Editing Software

Newbie! Multiple images on one page with tags???

rich81

Newbie! Multiple images on one page with tags???

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:32 am

Hi its my first post here :)

I am completley new to image editing but i figure this is a good place to learn. So let me explain what im trying to acheive, i want to make a single file with roughly 8 images on each page with a label/tag above each image explaing what it is. As well as this i want to put small numbers and arrows on the individual images to point to sections. So i can explain each section on new page with text .

If i have lost you i want it to appear like the first couple of pages in a manual( e.g a dvd player) where you have a diagram with numbers/arrows pointing to different buttons e.g. 1-play, 2-pause ect so you can find you way around it.

I have paint shop pro but dont know how to use it to do this. I have tried picassa also but cant see away to do it on there. Is there a program that i can dl to do most of the work for me i? If not dont mind putting the work in myself though.

Hope this makes sense

softix

Re: Newbie! Multiple images on one page with tags???

Post Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:49 am

I understand what you are trying to achieve. I would suggest photoshop. I know its possible to do it, but don't know it.
You'll first have to create the visual part and then provide html back-coding.

dang

Re: Newbie! Multiple images on one page with tags???

Post Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:55 am

Hi Rich,
It makes sense for the most part, but I'm not quiet sure what the end result is that you're wanting. Is this to be used in a photo gallery here on Pbase, or some other site? Or, are you wanting to transfer it as a interactive manual onto a CD or simply making a print?

Here's why I'm asking...
If you're needing multiple images on one page for print, or web display without interactive function it's easy. You'd just use any program which makes panoramas to combine the images. Then, you'd just add the text on top of the image where needed. I use PS Elements, and have a quick tut how to add text to an image here: http://www.pbase.com/dang/frame

If you're just needing multiple images on one web page (such as a Pbase gallery), this can be done with CSS/html, but you'd need to learn the coding. You'd still add the text on top of the images, and add links and such in the description.

Now, if you're wanting something interactive... say where the numbers within the image would be clicked to take you to info., it's not possible without using java script (which isn't supported on Pbase of course).

If your wanting to make a CD which does these things, then I haven't a clue. But "Google" is our friend, so I'd suggest doing a search on the net. If you'll give more information it would help in knowing where to direct you to look though.

Good luck.

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Newbie! Multiple images on one page with tags???