Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Live Picture 2.6.2 for MAC OS

Photo Editing Software

Live Picture 2.6.2 for MAC OS

waeshael

Live Picture 2.6.2 for MAC OS

Post Fri May 23, 2008 1:38 pm

Anyone with a pre-intel MAC which has classic on it should look at Live Picture 2.6.2 for an editing program. It has a lively forum of its own, and several world renowned landscape and advertising photographers use it to produce stunning images. The software can be purchased on EBay usually for around $35 - it sold originally for $4,500. The may be copies of Live Picture 2.5 for MAC, or 2.6.1 and both these licenses allow you to upgrade to 2.6.2 through the Live Picture Group - a quick download.
I have no commercial interest in Live Picture, but I have a web site for my friends that use it, which showcases some of its capabilities. Also some sample images from professional photographers. This is my favorite editing program.
If you are creative and like to paint on your imaging changes intuitively, this is the program for you. It can handle hundreds of layers, images of any size, and every change you make can be undone at any time in the future. No changes are made to the original image. The software is fast to load (3 secs), quickly makes the changes. It starts and finishes with TIFF formatted files - JPEGS have to be converted to TIFF. Live Picture has its own format for the images while you are working on them called IVUE and FIT2 files, and only Graphic Converter 6.0 + can show the thumbnails - but this is a great combination of inexpensive powerful software ( less than $100 total).
I still use PS for its LAB mode but not very frequently. And I prefer Nikon NX for Noise Reduction and CA control, which works on any JPEG or TIFF file, but you probably already have something like it.
I have been using LP for ten years. Have a look at my website at http://www.waeshael.com and click on the live picture button. Look at the users guide, and at other LP users work.
The top of the blog showcases a little point an shoot camera. But the images inside the PDFs are also all made with Live Picture (plus a little NR help by Nikon NX). The rest of the blog are articles on Live Picture useage.
waeshael.

softix

Re: Live Picture 2.6.2 for MAC OS

Post Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:54 am

Thanks for that. I heard about it from a friend as well. Will surely give it a try..

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Live Picture 2.6.2 for MAC OS