Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Photo Slideshow help

Photo Editing Software

Photo Slideshow help

tpulvirenti

Photo Slideshow help

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:58 pm

My friend let me borrow photoshop elements 6 & premier elements 4. I went create a photo slideshow on pe4 and when I went preview on full screen the picture quality was horrible. My question is when I burn onto a DVD how is the picture quality going to be or should use a diffrent program? thanks for your help .

softix

Re: Photo Slideshow help

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:57 am

1. Select your photos. If you have been using the Organizer properly, you can use the tag and star system to select your slideshow-worthy photos easily. Ctrl+left click each photo until you have all the photos you want to use.

2. On the right hand side of the screen, select ‘Create’ , then click on ‘Slide Show’

Photoshop Elements 6 125x1253. Now we have some options to select for our slide show. These are not set in stone. Once we get to the next dialog menu we will be able to edit every facet of our slideshow in detail. I prefer to use 5 seconds as a standard time to view photos. For transitions, I like Fade - I find using Random transitions to be distracting, but to each his own. One of the coolest things the slideshow maker does - the Pan and Zoom. If you check the ‘Apply Pan & Zoom to All Slides’ box, the “camera” will moved around your photo while it is being displayed. It makes the photos look much more dynamic and dramatic in my opinion. Once you are done, click OK and we will move on.

4. Now we are at the meat and potatoes of the slide show utility. Here we can rearrange the order of the slides simply by dragging them around. We can create text on photos, or create title screens. You can easily add music to your slideshow. Once you add the music track, you can ask Elements to change the duration of each slide so that your show will last the same amount of time as the music track. The dialog here is intuitive and easy to use. When you are done, save your project, under the Project menu. Then click on Output…and move on to the next step.

5. Now that you have finished creating your slide show - it’s time to save it and export in a format that is useful. There are several formats to choose from. You can make a DVD, playable directly in your DVD player. Make a VCD or save a presentation to play directly from you computer, on a projector for example.

For our purposes, we will save as a file, in the WMV format. Under ‘File Settings’ you need to carefully consider what resolution you would like your output to be. I chose ‘web’ to try and keep the file small. My example slideshow is 1 min 15 sec long at a resolution of 320 X 200 and consume 3.5 MB. If I would have chosen 800X600, the file would have been closer to 15MB. If you are emailing the video, you need to try to keep the file smaller. If you are saving the file for display on your local computer, or need high quality images in your show, choose a higher resolution.

6. Once you hit OK, Elements 6.0 will encode and save your file. My small, low-resolution slideshow took around three minutes to encode. I have done 3 minute slideshows at 800X600 that have taken over 15 minutes to encode.

Keep in mind that it took me less than ten minutes to put this together, encode it, and upload it.

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Photo Slideshow help