Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software PS CS3 -- how to make 1 side-by-side photo from 2 jpgs?

Photo Editing Software

PS CS3 -- how to make 1 side-by-side photo from 2 jpgs?

redwoodgroove

PS CS3 -- how to make 1 side-by-side photo from 2 jpgs?

Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:46 pm

I'm new to Photoshop CS3 and have what's probably a fairly basic question. I would like to take two jpg files and attach them together, side by side, to create one new jpg image. (Imagine a side-by-side before-and-after photo.) Does this require creating a large "blank" background layer and then putting the two jpgs on top of the background? Or is there a different/easier way?

Any help is appreciated.

ernst

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:31 am

I think you described a suitable way yourself. It gives you flexibility, you can move the two jpegs around until you are satisfied and then crop and flatten your final image.
Another method is to resize the canvas to the size you need: menu Image, Canvas size... and double one size of the image. Afther that you paste the second jpeg in another layer.

halesr

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:34 pm

You have the right idea. You may want to do some color correction of the images if needed prior to bringing them together in one document.

If both my images are the same size, I just double or triple the width of the canvas for side by side images. Bring each in on it's own layer and you have it. Adjust size if you want white space between the images.

Here is an example where I put three images together.

Link over to larger version.

Rene

redwoodgroove

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:54 pm

Thanks for your help. I've successfully created what I wanted and will be updating my galleries soon to show the results.

halesr

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:21 pm

Let us know when you have something to show.--Rene

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software PS CS3 -- how to make 1 side-by-side photo from 2 jpgs?