Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software RAW converters: Capture One LE, Apple Aperture, Lightroom

Photo Editing Software

RAW converters: Capture One LE, Apple Aperture, Lightroom

ekke

RAW converters: Capture One LE, Apple Aperture, Lightroom

Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:10 pm

I am currently working with Capture One LE, and I basically like the results. Its main downsides are that it is agonizingly slow on my MacBook, that it is not possible to develop several images with the same setting at once (i.e. you have to process every image separately). I now consider buying a MacBook Pro and thereby change to Aperture, which, judging from what I have heard so far, seems to be a good piece of software. What attracts me most is its photo management tool as well as its quick-fix tools.
I would be interested in hearing about experiences with this software, as well as with other RAW-converters like Adobe Lightroom and OxO Optics Pro.

blue_begemoth

Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:32 pm

I didn't try Appeture, but had experience with a bunch of others. See the reviews here: http://myphotosoft.com/raw-converters/

blueechoes

Post Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:58 pm

I purchased an apple computer just to run aperture. I put the CD in and it said that the brand new computer did not have enough to run the program, so it would not install. The software went back to the apple store and the computer now holds books up on my bookshelf. Thankfully, Lightroom's beta testing started at that time. I installed that on an older machine and it ran fine, and now I am addicted to the software. Lightroom is the best software I have ever used. Brilliant stuff. I have DxO as well but never use it, Lightroom is clearly enough for me. I never edit my photos in Photoshop, or in anything else for that matter, so Lightroom has just enough for me.
Please visit my website: http://www.blue-echoes.com

FIND YOUR HONOPO. I did.

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software RAW converters: Capture One LE, Apple Aperture, Lightroom