Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Any Pen Tablet Users Out There?

Photo Editing Software

Any Pen Tablet Users Out There?

gpaai

Any Pen Tablet Users Out There?

Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:09 am

I have been reading up on the Wacom Intuos2 pen tablet. This sounds like something I would be real interested in using to enhance my graphic and photo editing abilities.

My question is... Are there any "generic" companies out there that offer the same quality product at a lesser cost?

Thanks,
Gary
I love photoshopography.......

ukexpat

Re: Any Pen Tablet Users Out There?

Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:44 pm

gpaai wrote:I have been reading up on the Wacom Intuos2 pen tablet. This sounds like something I would be real interested in using to enhance my graphic and photo editing abilities.

My question is... Are there any "generic" companies out there that offer the same quality product at a lesser cost?

Thanks,
Gary

Gary

I use a Wacom tablet. I researched long and hard before I bought it and it seemed to be the best value for money. One thing I don't like is the mouse that came with it, so I just used my own cordless mouse.

aaron111

Post Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:09 pm

I use an Intuos 1 and I can't do without it anymore. I use it for digital painting as well as photo editing. With photos it really comes in handy when doing subtle dodging and burning or creating selection masks etc. You might want to check out the Wacom Graphire tablets, which cost less than the current Intuos 2. I've used a graphire before and it didn't seem much different than my Intuos. I have not used new Intuos 2 however,

One other point - I use a 9x12 which is probably way to large for most people. A 4x5 or 6x8 will probably do you just fine and feel much more comfortable.

vhansen

Post Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:38 pm

I purchased an Wacom Artz tablet about 10 years ago and it still works flawlessly with the original tip. At the time I tried a few other brands, but most were cheap imitations - not very well made, used batteries, pens were tethered by a cord, or just not accurate (you can't really appreciate how good Wacom is until you've tried a cheap brand.)

Here's a link to a thread discussing the various tablets.
http://www.thejemreport.com/phpbb2_index1319.html

For the record, I recently upgraded to an Intuos2 - 4x5, for the added features like the programmable menu strip and the grip pen. Note: I also didn't like the mouse that came with it.
Vikki

ianbmw

Post Tue May 04, 2004 6:52 pm

I bought and use a Wacom Intuis 2 9x12 and love it. The mouse that came with it is great but the learning curve for it takes atleast 2 weeks to master if you are a occasional gamer like myself. The only I want to note is that the scroll button will not do what you want for ANY game. I do not understand this as I have it set to imatate a regular window's mouse but sigh it doesnt work. Other than that the whole setup works great and might I add VERY durable. I accidently droped a 15lb sharp object directly on the pad and it didnt do hardly any damage beside a tiny scrape that is just cosmetic as the sensors work just as good. Of course I paid nearly $450 for mine so you might want to check out some smaller sizes.

vhansen

Post Wed May 05, 2004 3:31 am

Looks like some valuable info at this site:
http://www.iril.no/gts_whatis.htm

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Any Pen Tablet Users Out There?