Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software How do you fix color issues with monitor display and Photos

Photo Editing Software

How do you fix color issues with monitor display and Photos

pattersonz

How do you fix color issues with monitor display and Photos

Post Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:16 pm

Ok so recently my monitor started displaying all my colors in Adobe Photoshop kind of brownish, especially color black. It's like dark brown. This is happening only in Photoshop, all other programs and internet browsers are displaying black as black. How do I fix this, anyone know? I heard something about color callibrating softwares on web design company forum , has anyone tried these? Do they work? And is this what I would need to fix my issue, or something else? Because it seems that it's an issue with Photoshop alone, not my monitor. Thanks everyone!!! :)

ilanphoto

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:54 pm

Its not just software it includes hardware as well, you attach the thingy to the screen and run the software. The software and hardware talk to each other and build the profile
I have the spyder and it works fine, though the first time took me quite some time all the other times were a few minutes only

HTH
Ilan

andrys

Re: How do you fix color issues with monitor display and Pho

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:03 am

pattersonz wrote:Ok so recently my monitor started displaying all my colors in Adobe Photoshop kind of brownish, especially color black. It's like dark brown. This is happening only in Photoshop, all other programs and internet browsers are displaying black as black. How do I fix this, anyone know? I heard something about color callibrating softwares on web design company forum , has anyone tried these? Do they work? And is this what I would need to fix my issue, or something else? Because it seems that it's an issue with Photoshop alone, not my monitor. Thanks everyone!!! :)

Have you looked at View/Proof Setup to see what choice is showing there?
Try them out.

Check out this page:
http://epaperpress.com/monitorcal/index.html

cyrus_nk

Post Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:07 pm

i had the same problem with photoshop.
i tryed calibrating with Adobe Gamma but it didn't work.

try this:
1. put your screen in 16 or 24bits and then put it back in 32 and try again opening the picture in photoshop
2. install the lates drivers possible of your video board(this solved my problem)

ernst

Post Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:14 pm

As Ilanphoto said, hardware calibration is best. Use devices like the SpyderPro or EyeOne.

The difference between Photoshop and other application is likely due to the fact that Photoshop is colour managed and the others are not, certainly not internet browsers! In photoshop, check the working space of both photoshop and your photos. Perhaps you accidentily selected a printer or monitor profile for this. The photoshop working space should preferably be AdobeRGB or ProPhotoRGB (sRGB is for internet and has the smallest gamut).

abpolyak

Post Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:09 am

Hi,
I think that Adobe gamma is for CRT monitors. Pattern with horizontal lines will not work on LCD monitor,

cyrus_nk

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:22 am

abpolyak you're right...i use a iiyama 21" CRT monitor:)

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software How do you fix color issues with monitor display and Photos