Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Beware: SoftwareOutlet.com

Photo Editing Software

Beware: SoftwareOutlet.com

dang

Beware: SoftwareOutlet.com

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:19 am

Hi everyone,
I hope this helps others avoid problems with this online store like what I'm currently experiencing. In the past I'd ordered PS E 2 for a back up computer, and decided I needed to upgrade to PS E5 so I could work with RAW files. Since Software Outlet had sent my copy of PS E2 without problem, I felt confident in ordering from them again. On June 05, 2007 I placed my order and my bank account was charged immediately. After a couple of days I received an email stating the program was on back order, and expected to ship within a couple of days.

My confidence was misplaced however, and after more than a month of sending emails, I haven't heard a word back. I've also called their given phone number, which only rings, then a recording states, "no one is answering, you'll now be disconnected." So I began searching the web for reviews and was surprised. This seems to be a common problem, and often people neither receive the product, or get a refund.

I'm not quite that dumb though, and will contact my bank to insure I DO get a refund. I'll also be reporting them to Better Business, and other online "fraud" sites to insure I do. My current project for the weekend is to post on as many sites as possible to warn others of their practice. I can only suggest you avoid Software Outlet like the plague!

If you order something cheap, you'll probably get it. But if you spend over $40.00, I'm afraid you'll have problems. Everyone around Pbase knows I'm a fairly tolerant person with online sites, but even I have a limit. If you've had problems with them, please contact me and I'll pass on addresses to the proper persons to report them. If you haven't dealt with them, don't!

If you're thinking of ordering from them, please do a "google" before hand, I think you'll save yourself a lot of hassle.

If Software Outlet doesn't like my review, tough. I have email & bank statement to back it up.

djwixx

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:46 am

If you dispute the transaction it should be wiped off your slate and it will be up to the seller to prove a provision of service.

dang

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:00 am

Thanks!
I've added a gallery showing the only email I've gotten, and their tracing. I hope others can avoid going through this. I'm aware I can get a refund, and I will. But I feel search engines need to be made aware, and stop directing traffic to their site. That's how I found them, and intend on filing complaints with google.
Gallery here: http://www.pbase.com/dang/software
:wink:
Comments in the gallery also appreciated to help search engines pick it up.
Thanks everyone for any help in spreading the word.

dougj

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:10 am

Thanks for the warning. I checked them on resellerratings.com, over the past 6 months their rating is '0' on a scale of 0-10 with a lot of experiences similar to yours. These clowns are simple terrible.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/SoftwareOutlet

djwixx

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:02 am

dang wrote:Thanks!
I've added a gallery showing the only email I've gotten, and their tracing. I hope others can avoid going through this. I'm aware I can get a refund, and I will. But I feel search engines need to be made aware, and stop directing traffic to their site. That's how I found them, and intend on filing complaints with google.

Contact your credit card company and raise it as a disputed transaction. The seller will then have 30-45 days to prove they provided a product otherwise as the merchant they will be required to refund the money. If they don't provide a refund the credit card company will provide it and it then becomes a dispute between them and the merchant.

andrys

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:24 am

Tom, post this on depreview.com's forum too.

They have a huge crowd there of people who are buyers.

dang

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:17 am

Andrys,
I'm not registered there. Doug put up a good link which I'd already been too and made comments. But I'll pass it on to others I know on Dpreview, to be sure someone lets them know.
Good idea, thanks!

EDIT:
I've done a domain search now to find the contact information:

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: SOFTWAREOUTLET.COM
Created on: 10-Sep-95
Expires on: 08-Sep-09
Last Updated on: 19-Jun-07

Administrative Contact:
McIvor, Bill bill@softwareoutlet.com
SoftwareOutlet.com
2431 S. Anne St
Santa Ana, California 92704
United States
(714) 979-6800

abriid

Post Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:32 pm

dang wrote:Thanks!

I have taken on a trial account here so that I can reply to you and your situation.
The original link to the PBase site was provided to the members of a forum my partner and I run on our own business site and I came over here to have a wee nosey around. Your story struck me, as we've been talking about phishing sites on our forums as well (even though the main topic of the forum is Antiques and Collectibles we do chat about other things from time to time).
I have posted a reply on our phishing thread to add your story there. As I cannot in anyway personally verify the truth of it I did present it simply, posting quotes from you and one other on the reseller site and using it as an example of what to avoid.
Thankfully I am a Linux user so with everything I use being GPL I will hopefully avoid this type of problem.

Consider your story spread, to our members from all over the UK and other parts of Europe as well as further afield :)

Good luck!
AbriiD
http://www.fogboundworkshop.co.uk

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Beware: SoftwareOutlet.com