Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software My colorations of old blk & white photos your comments

Photo Editing Software

My colorations of old blk & white photos your comments

mstmart

My colorations of old blk & white photos your comments

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:47 pm

hello all,

I would like your comments on my colorize black and white photos pls, most of the photo was very old and had large chunk missing, tears etc. the photos had been restored and colorized.

i am very new to photoshop i've only been experimenting with photoshop for 3 weeks when i've colorized those photos so i am a very newbie .

one thing i would say i don't mind bad comments but i don't want to be insulted or compared with vikki hansen as it already happened to me in another forum.

many thanks

sergio

paulsilkphotography

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:44 pm

Sergio I have no idea who vikki hansen is but i think you did remarkably well with those in your gallery :)
Keep on snapping and catch the moment if you can.
Paul

http://www.pbase.com/paulsilkphotography

mstmart

Post Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:04 am

paulsilkphotography wrote:Sergio I have no idea who vikki hansen is but i think you did remarkably well with those in your gallery :)

Hi paul

thanks for your kind comment i didn't who vikki hansen was either until i post a thread for critique on my website and got a reply including insults from someone in another forum comparing me with her, her works are very good, if i can find the link i will give it to you, she is very professional but to compare a very newbie like me with her i thought that was diabolical.

well comment like yours prove to me that my work is not crap as i was told elsewhere i know i have a lot to learn.

thanks

sergio :)

marxz

Post Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:38 am

I have to say, you do seem to have a natural talent for this, my mother was a professional photograph colourer during the late 40's and 50's so I've seen more than a fair few colourised images myself (though they were all done the "old school" way of brush and ink, and in later years airbrush).

Given the normally steep learning curve for photoshop after only 3 weeks you're showing a level of skill that is quite exceptional. Keep up the good work and have fun learning even more.

mstmart

Post Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:21 am

marxz wrote:I have to say, you do seem to have a natural talent for this, my mother was a professional photograph colourer during the late 40's and 50's so I've seen more than a fair few colourised images myself (though they were all done the "old school" way of brush and ink, and in later years airbrush).

Given the normally steep learning curve for photoshop after only 3 weeks you're showing a level of skill that is quite exceptional. Keep up the good work and have fun learning even more.

Hello marxz,

Just returning for a visit to pbbase forum i have been busy with home life and experimenting with photoshop softwares for image editing and coloration. I thank you very much for your message, comment like yours make me realise that I can achieve my goal of becoming a pro at image editing and coloration etc which i am directing my new career towards at present i have much much to learn and am happy with any critique i receive.

regards

sergio :D

maldito

Post Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:26 am

you can have any colors you like through color replacement in CS.
keep it up dude, more way to go.
:wink:

mstmart

colorize b/w photos

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:55 pm

maldito wrote:you can have any colors you like through color replacement in CS.
keep it up dude, more way to go.
:wink:

hi maldito

thanks for your reply much appreciated i am learning about this powerful software everyday the coloration one can do with photoshop is fantastic.

cheers

sergio :)

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software My colorations of old blk & white photos your comments