Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Newbie needs a little help. XP Home SP2

Photo Editing Software

Newbie needs a little help. XP Home SP2

brjoon1021

Newbie needs a little help. XP Home SP2

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:32 am

HI,

I am a very, very amateur photographer (pictures of family). I have some basic photo editing and archiving software: Adobe PSE 2&4, Nero has one that came with Nero 7.5, Google Picasa.

My photo printer is a little Epson Picture Mate Deluxe. Well, my wife has always stuck the memory card right in it and gotten a picture. I thought that I would be tricky and edit the picture before printing it.

My problem and question is: how do I keep all of these apps from fighting over the pictures when I insert a disk? It seems that One of the Adobe PSE's opens right up with the insertion of the memory stick and begins to archive the images. Google Picasa also opens in the tool bar. If I use Windows explorer to open the memory stick itself and I select and image it opens with nero photo editor.

What a confusion. Do you have any recommendations on which of these apps should be removed, which used, which to use to open the images, which to use to archive, which to use to edit and print.

You get the idea. I need a lot of advice. I am embarassed to say that I had to give up. Picase did not even see my epson Picture Mate deluxe hooked up by USB, even though windows explorer sees it. I had to put the memory stick in the printer - Could not even use any of my software

djwixx

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:17 am

Open any folder with a picture in it, right click on the image, and select Open With then select Choose Program. Select the default program you want to use BUT make sure you check the box with "Always use this program to open this kind of file"

You may also want to review what's running in the system tray and change the option within each program to stop them running at startup.

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Newbie needs a little help. XP Home SP2