Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software photoshop CS3 ?

Photo Editing Software

photoshop CS3 ?

madlights

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:45 am

Thanks everyone for their assessments. I've also been wondering whether to upgrade from CS and didn't think CS2 was a big enough jump to warrant. But it's sounding like CS3 is if only for the RAW processing alone....I tried the beta lightroom and kind of figured a person might like it after time and getting used to. I just found it too 'different' in it's organizing structure to catch on to quickly. It was easy to use in processing photos themselves however.

sheila

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:54 pm

The new Quick Selection tool is absolutely amazing in CS3.

Cheers
Sheila
Sheila Smart
Canon 5D Mark III; 17-40L; 24-70 f/2.8L; 70-300 f.4-5.6 L USM; 135 f/2L; 100 f/2.8 macro; 8-15 f/4 L fisheye

Blog: http://sheilasmartphotography.blogspot.com/

brode2

RAW Support for Canon 40D

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:30 pm

Adobe is trying to force me to upgrade my CS2 to CS3 because my new Canon 40D is not supported for RAW processing by CS2.....can you believe it? As a result I'm using the software that shipped with the 40D to process my RAW files, Digital Photo Professional. It works, but is more cumbersome. Adobe said I should use their DNG Converter, but I'm not crazy about that solution.

In your opinions, if I did upgrade for RAW processing, should I go to LightRoom or CS3?

sheila

Re: RAW Support for Canon 40D

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:38 am

brode2 wrote:.

In your opinions, if I did upgrade for RAW processing, should I go to LightRoom or CS3?

I would definitely go for CS3 rather than Lightroom. In fact, I am going to remove Lightroom from my PC as it constantly opens when I download images to my hard drive when I have specifically asked it not to! (Properties : Do Nothing when uploading")

Cheers
Sheila
Sheila Smart
Canon 5D Mark III; 17-40L; 24-70 f/2.8L; 70-300 f.4-5.6 L USM; 135 f/2L; 100 f/2.8 macro; 8-15 f/4 L fisheye

Blog: http://sheilasmartphotography.blogspot.com/

dougj

Re: RAW Support for Canon 40D

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:08 am

brode2 wrote:Adobe is trying to force me to upgrade my CS2 to CS3 because my new Canon 40D is not supported for RAW processing by CS2.....can you believe it? As a result I'm using the software that shipped with the 40D to process my RAW files, Digital Photo Professional. It works, but is more cumbersome. Adobe said I should use their DNG Converter, but I'm not crazy about that solution.

That is Adobe's common practice, they try to force users to buy a PS upgrade just for the version of ACR that works with the new bodies. They've done this for years. ACR is nice, but DPP is not too bad.

A lot of folks use a RAW processor separate from Adobe and Canon.

Previous

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software photoshop CS3 ?