Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software photoshop CS3 ?

Photo Editing Software

photoshop CS3 ?

malamute

photoshop CS3 ?

Post Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:31 am

who has done some work useing CS3 and what do you think of it compared to previous versions?

randy_sherman

CS3 is great!

Post Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:55 am

I used the beta version of CS3 for about a month. There were some problems with the beta Bridge. This past weekend I upgraded to the newly released final version of CS3 and the problems with Bridge are gone. The most fantastic part of CS3 is the new camera raw -- now you can do .jpeg in the camera raw editor so the new features like recover and fill light are available when processing .jpeg images! Today (Sunday April 29) I took a hike up a valley and made about 250 raw exposures. Using Bridge, camera raw and Photoshop CS3 I selected 29 images and prepared them for transmittal to pbase. It was so easy to adjust the exposure, highlights, midtones, shadows and to set the color correction, vibrance and saturation. I completed selecting and processing all 29 in under 60 minutes -- before it would have taken at least 2 hours if not longer! You can see the results in my album "Waiehu" at pbase.com/randy_sherman.

stuart888

Post Fri May 04, 2007 6:07 pm

Of course it is costly, so please look closely at the new features list. You are looking at $650 for Adobe Photoshop CS3 and $1000 for Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended. The upgradeswill be available for $200 and $350. I am going to hold off, let it absorb in the market for a bit, and then look hard at the product reviews.

Best Regards, Stuart

malamute

CS3

Post Sun May 06, 2007 8:52 pm

i allready have CS3 and thankyou Randy for your helpful comments.i haven't done as much as you with CS3 as yet

terrychaka

Post Tue May 08, 2007 2:51 am

Would I be called a cheater or a cheapy if i asked for a serial number for CS3 adobe cause i downloaded online and my trial expired.
Terry Chakasim

dougj

Post Tue May 08, 2007 4:55 am

terrychaka wrote:Would I be called a cheater or a cheapy if i asked for a serial number for CS3 adobe cause i downloaded online and my trial expired.

Not if you purchase the license / serial number from Adobe.

wilson44512

Post Wed May 09, 2007 5:45 am

i tried the cs3 beta. and the only thing i dont like is that they took out some parts of imageready. now to get that you have to get fireworks.

images_of_texas

Post Thu May 10, 2007 9:01 pm

I also very much liked CS3.

I'm going to order the upgrade today.

malamute

Post Sat May 12, 2007 9:12 pm

and to get rid of CS3 beta is a heck of a job but there is a special uninstall software on the adobe site

randy_sherman

Re: CS3 is great!

Post Mon May 28, 2007 8:56 am

I commented favorably on CS-3 a month ago. Since then I have learned how to use Adobe Lightroom. If you are a photographer (not a graphic artist, etc. where the individual pixel management abilities of Photoshop are required) you can get along quite nicely using only LightRoom! (And, save about $400!) Although I have about 50,000 digital photos, only now am I tackling Lightroom's specialty - photo base management. For the first few days I cursed LightRoom frequently and soundly! But, by now, about 2 weeks later, I really appreciate it! I spent about 10 hours over the past 2 days assemblying, keywording, metadata-ing, etc about 600 photos from a trip to Sabah in 2004. I did everything required to organize and image edit them for transmittal to PBase. (Check them out by clicking on my recent albums.) Now that I have established a system, I believe I can organize and edit about 1,000 photos per weekend! (If so, I should be caught up in a year!) I am taking a major trip next month and I will take along Lightroom on my laptop. I am hoping I will be able to keep up - even to the point of posting a daily album for my family and friends to follow.

indigogallery

photoshop cs3

Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:02 am

I've been playiing around with the last couple of versions of photoshop and Adobe has made big improvements in cs3 (photoshop. bridge and in camera raw). the price is their normal range however If you would consider a class at the local community college, that would put you into academic prices which is much less for the same program. hope you find a solution

compton_photographer

Get It

Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:33 am

CS3 is amazing. I think the new camera RAW is so powerful that you almost don't need CS3 itself. Best color control I have ever seen. Of course RAW lacks filters, layers and masks, but it really gets you down the road a long way. Also, Bridge is wonderful for managing your files. It saves a ton of time in post processing. Photoshop CS3s smart filters coupled with adjustment layers keep your options open.

Overall I have never been more pleased with an upgrade. I would have paid the price for any one of the components. For the price you are getting 3 pieces of softare, each well designed and intuitive to use. I highly recommend it. I am able to do things now I could not before. I find myself going back over old RAW files and re-interpreting them. This is
all money in the bank for me.

Michael Dougherty
Compton, Arkansas

sing2golf

Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:51 pm

I have read the above posts with interest as I am considering whether to upgrade from CS2 to CS3. Most people on this forum seem to be happy with CS3 but on other forums most seem to be very anti CS3. Many complain that Bridge crashes on a regular basis and that it is not possible to access external hard drives from Bridge. Both assertions surprise me and I wondered if any other CS3 users would like to add their thoughts on CS3. Thanks.

cmit

Post Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:15 am

sing2golf wrote:I have read the above posts with interest as I am considering whether to upgrade from CS2 to CS3. Most people on this forum seem to be happy with CS3 but on other forums most seem to be very anti CS3. Many complain that Bridge crashes on a regular basis and that it is not possible to access external hard drives from Bridge. Both assertions surprise me and I wondered if any other CS3 users would like to add their thoughts on CS3. Thanks.

Overall CS3 is an improvement over CS2. Bridge is better, Camera Raw 4.1 is excellent and there are many other improvements throughout - if your main focus is Photography.

I have had no problems with Bridge and it certainly can access external hard drives, at least on my system it can.

However, if photography is your main use for CS3 then you should definitely consider buying Lightroom 1.1 instead - it is a fabulous piece of software specifically aimed at photo post-processing. It offers a complete Workflow solution which is much superior to the Bridge/CS3 combination. I now only use CS3 for the more complex processing tasks such as layers, HDR etc.

Which path you take really depends on your specific needs. Both have their strengths and weaknesses but a combination of both Lightroom and CS2/CS3, if you can afford it, is execellent.

sing2golf

Post Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:26 am

Chris Thanks for your fast and very helpful reply. I couldn't really believe that an external drive was not accessible from CS3 Bridge & if you can access such drives it must be possible! I will certainly have a look at Lightroom of which I know nothing. Thanks

Next

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software photoshop CS3 ?