Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Photoshop "Save As" default folder

Photo Editing Software

Photoshop "Save As" default folder

brunobl

Photoshop "Save As" default folder

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:14 pm

Hi,

Suppose I want to work on a series of images that were recorded in a CD. I want to open each, work on it, and save it in a different location in the HD.

Each and every time I choose File/Save As, Photoshop thinks I will save the image in the default place it was opened from - in this case, the CD - so I have to go through the whole folder specification dialogs. For every image.

Isn't there a way to make Photoshop remember the last Save location and use *that* as the default location for the next save, regardless of where the image was opened from?

I am aware of actions and automation, but I dont want to open multile images at once, but rather have a default save-to folder that is not necessarily the same one the image was opened from.

It is a pain to specify the same folder tens or hundreds of times per session. There must be a better way to do this.

All thoughts are welcome.

Thanks,
Bruno.

brunobl

No ideas?

Post Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:54 pm

brunobl wrote:Hi,

Suppose I want to work on a series of images that were recorded in a CD. I want to open each, work on it, and save it in a different location in the HD.

Each and every time I choose File/Save As, Photoshop thinks I will save the image in the default place it was opened from - in this case, the CD - so I have to go through the whole folder specification dialogs. For every image.

Isn't there a way to make Photoshop remember the last Save location and use *that* as the default location for the next save, regardless of where the image was opened from?

I am aware of actions and automation, but I dont want to open multile images at once, but rather have a default save-to folder that is not necessarily the same one the image was opened from.

It is a pain to specify the same folder tens or hundreds of times per session. There must be a better way to do this.

All thoughts are welcome.

Thanks,
Bruno.

Sorry for bumping... No ideas at all?

norm4fun

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:18 am

U could copy the files to your hard drive first. that way when finished all at same place, easy to move or delete.

jchambers

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:42 pm

This really bothers me as well. I would love to find the solution.

And no. Moving it to the hard drive is not really a solution unless you save in the same folder.
In order to save bandwidth, I no longer have a signiture.

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Photoshop "Save As" default folder