Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software LIGHTROOM - raw import with jpg settings

Photo Editing Software

LIGHTROOM - raw import with jpg settings

drogowski

LIGHTROOM - raw import with jpg settings

Post Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:56 pm

is it possible to load raw content with settings that were applied to jpgs ??meaning: WB, tone, sharpening and so on: ..i kind of like canon's jpg straight out of the camera but would like to keep raw adjustment potential so perfect solution would be to have raw with jpg settings to start with and than apply just minor tweaks !

mnoble

Raw vs JPG

Post Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:27 pm

RAW means just that. No in camera processing. You can't have it both ways. I think that you could ask for tif files, still get the camera's processing with no compression or artifacts. I don't have a Canon so I'm not sure what formats you can use. You could then export from LightRoom in a RAW or DNG format. That might work for you. 8)

lance_h

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:41 am

it does by default. change your WB, you'll see :wink:

jdepould

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:09 pm

The only thing that doesn't carry over as far as I know are the contrast and sharpen settings. If you're using lightroom, those are set to 25 by default.
Nikon D300, D200
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D, 55mm f/1.4 micro, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G DX, 80-200 f/2.8D
Apple PowerBook G4, MacBook Pro
Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop CS3

alain_lestrade

Post Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:31 pm

I've used three different softwares for RAW: DPP (Canon), Rawshooter & now Lightroom.

As far as I've understood, The RAW principle is, it's true, no in-camera processing even not the color space, with the exception of the WB.

But, DPP (free software) has all the settings from the Canon camera you use. So, with it, you'll be able to get your settings back and change them if you want.

Regards,

Alain. http://www.pbase.com/alain_lestrade

alain_lestrade

Post Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:33 pm

I've used three different softwares for RAW: DPP (Canon), Rawshooter & now Lightroom.

As far as I've understood, The RAW principle is, it's true, no in-camera processing even not the color space, with the exception of the WB.

But, DPP (free software) has all the settings from the Canon camera you use. So, with it, you'll be able to get your settings back and change them if you want.

Regards,

Alain. http://www.pbase.com/alain_lestrade

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software LIGHTROOM - raw import with jpg settings