Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Editing/managing software with these features?

Photo Editing Software

Editing/managing software with these features?

elschic111

Editing/managing software with these features?

Post Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:43 pm

Hi! I am a resourceful type who runs a few websites (a fashion blog and currently preparing to launch a major designer fashion website) and I am looking for an OFFLINE photo editing and/or management/organizing software for a mac with the following features or functions:

- Adding tags or keywords quickly and easily
*ability to add as many tags as you want
*ability to add tags to multiple photos at once
*easy navigation of photos by tag/keyword, pref. by more than one tag/keyword. for example, if i tag all runway photos with the designer name and keywords for multiple trends, it would be nice to be able to pull up all photos with the tags "chanel" and "sequins".
*preferable but not necessary: ability to tag by ctrl-clicking a dropdown or hierarchical menu of some sort--just to reduce the amount of typing involved.

- Scaling by drag-n-drop or in a single click
*without losing quality
*with only one parameter defined (e.g. height OR width in pixels, so if I define only width for instance, it will scale to that with and retain the proportions of the photo)
*ability to do this for multiple photos at the same time
*ability to not lose old files (w/o having to manually make copies of files to edit or doing "file save as.." for every single file)

- Functions to facilitate custom thumbnail creation for blog or even making collages
*ability to select a rectangle within a photo of a preset height AND/OR width, so you get a selection outline that you can move over the picture until you have it in the right place you want to actually select
*color matching for batches of photos

I currently use GIMP for mac but I don't have the time to go into learning scripts etc. I am looking for something that is relatively easy to learn to use. Does the above program exist?

Thank you for reading this. Any suggestions for programs with ANY of the above functions would be appreciated!

And if there is anything I can do in return for advice--perhaps you need fashion advice (;D)--I would love to return the favor!

paulsilkphotography

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:57 pm

If you were on a PC Iwould reccomend ACDSeePro as it does just about everything you want to do. But you are limited on a MAC so I would suggest trying the Trial versions of IveiwMedia Pro3 and PhotoMechanic.
Keep on snapping and catch the moment if you can.
Paul

http://www.pbase.com/paulsilkphotography

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Editing/managing software with these features?