Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Lightroom 1.0 Released

Photo Editing Software

Lightroom 1.0 Released

mnoble

Lightroom 1.0 Released

Post Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:33 pm

In case you haven't noticed, Adobe LightRoom has been released in its first commercial incarnation. The price, if you adopt early, is $199. It will go up to $299 soon thereafter. If you are a registered Beta user you should get notification by e-mail with directions for your download. You pay first in order to download. I haven't had much of chance to look it over, but there are some differences in the 1.0 release over the 4.1 Beta. I will be able to work with it a little more on the weekend.
8)
Last edited by mnoble on Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jdepould

Re: LIghtroom 1.0 Released

Post Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:07 pm

mnoble wrote:In case you haven't noticed, Adobe LightRoom has been released in its first commercial incarnation. The price, if you adopt early, is $199. It will go up to $299 soon thereafter. If you are a registered Beta user you should get notification by e-mail with directions for your download. You pay first in order to download. I haven't had much of chance to look it over, but there are some differences in the 1.0 release over the 4.1 Beta. I will be able to work with it a little more on the weekend.
8)

30 days free , IIRC April 30 is the date for the price change.
Nikon D300, D200
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D, 55mm f/1.4 micro, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G DX, 80-200 f/2.8D
Apple PowerBook G4, MacBook Pro
Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop CS3

unexplained_bacon

Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:45 am

Also note that if you were a previous owner of Rawshooter Premium, like I was, you should shortly be receiving an e-mail giving you access to a complimentary copy of Lightroom. All hail assimilation.

My next question being, what the heck do I do with my new shiny copy of Lightroom?

jdepould

Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:22 am

unexplained_bacon wrote:My next question being, what the heck do I do with my new shiny copy of Lightroom?

Lick it.

Kidding. Seriously though, I think the best thing to do with it is just play for awhile. I found it to be very easy to learn, an the crop/straighten tool is SO much easier than in Photoshop.
Nikon D300, D200
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D, 55mm f/1.4 micro, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G DX, 80-200 f/2.8D
Apple PowerBook G4, MacBook Pro
Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop CS3

goislands

Yeaaaa, rejoice....

Post Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:05 pm

jdepould wrote:
unexplained_bacon wrote:My next question being, what the heck do I do with my new shiny copy of Lightroom?

Lick it.

Kidding. Seriously though, I think the best thing to do with it is just play for awhile. I found it to be very easy to learn, an the crop/straighten tool is SO much easier than in Photoshop.

No it is not "the best thing". As King George shipped his tea to Boston and said "you have to think what I send you" the people said no, and we have now the USA. Now Adobe has killed off the far superior in design ond operation RawShooter and tells us "you have to use our Lightroom." Well, I lost 10Gig on their monstrosity in no time already. My story is on http://www.pbase.com/phototalk_thh/ligh ... 1_critique, see also hundreds over hundreds of protest messages on Pixmantec forums.

PS: Of course this sad circumstance does not imply that Lightroom does is not bringing in any innovation: The rotation tool is a good example. I like that the crop stays always inside the image.

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Lightroom 1.0 Released