Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Importing Raw NEF Files into Rawshooter

Photo Editing Software

Importing Raw NEF Files into Rawshooter

mysticdave

Importing Raw NEF Files into Rawshooter

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:59 pm

I am trying to import my RAW NEF files from Nikon D80 into Rawshooter for editing. I'm new at this.

I've so far got them into a folder in My Documents on my lappy, and I've also got them into Nikon's 'Picture Project' Software, but I can't get them into Rawshooter. I keep getting the message 'No Raw Files Found.'

Can anyone tell me how to import them from a folder in My Documents please.

Thanks for any help received

Dave

goislands

No suppprt for D80! Re: Importing NEF Files into Rawshooter

Post Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:59 pm

mysticdave wrote:I am trying to import my RAW NEF files from Nikon D80 into Rawshooter for editing. I'm new at this.

I've so far got them into a folder in My Documents on my lappy, and I've also got them into Nikon's 'Picture Project' Software, but I can't get them into Rawshooter. I keep getting the message 'No Raw Files Found.'

Can anyone tell me how to import them from a folder in My Documents please.

Thanks for any help received

Dave

Dave:

RawShooter has been "murdered" by Adobe in June/July last year. They bought Pixmantec, to instantly discontinue RawShooter. If you have the Pro license, you will get a free copy of their new buggy montrosity called Lightroom. (I just lost 10Gig of data due to its bugs..., my story is on http://www.pbase.com/phototalk_thh/ligh ... 1_critique ) Pixmantec forum have hundreds over hundreds of protest messages, to no avail. We wanted that Adobe would at least keep releasing the same RawShooter with support for all new cameras for some time. To no avail.

I made a series of experiments with Exiftool to fool RawShooter about camera make and model, to no avail. The raw files are really very fragile in their internal format. You can change some international camera denotation, for example you can chnage "Digital Rebel Xt" into "EOS-350D", or foremost you can change D2X into D2Xs, thus D2Xs owners got lucky. But other than that, no dice...

Foremost the two by far most popular cameras of present time EOS-400D and Nikon D80 are not supported anymore by RawShooter...

Did I mentioned that for me RawShooter was the best of the best of the breed? A brilliant workflow, real revelation how easy and efficient Raw processing can be.

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Importing Raw NEF Files into Rawshooter