Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software I need help......what program was used in these pictures??

Photo Editing Software

I need help......what program was used in these pictures??

ohustle63

I need help......what program was used in these pictures??

Post Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:43 pm

I know it is a common program, i see all over myspace(where i got these pics)...can anyone tell me the name??

clayogre

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:55 pm

Gimp could do that. http://www.gimp.org If you aren't on linux, make sure to get the windows version. One of the pictures you posted looks like they just added some text, etc. on a layer above the image and the other looks like a render (an image cut away from the background), and then put against a new background with some text added on a layer above.

ohustle63

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:45 am

Anyone else?? Also HOW can i do this kind of thing in GIMP(like what filters were used in this picture)

clayogre

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:30 pm

Doesn't look like any filters were used. Just text and some graphics over the top of the existing photo. The Gridwork on the first one was probably done with a custom brush.

ohustle63

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:24 pm

N wat brush would that be.....im really interested in using those effects like the grid and the splatter....

if anyone else can help or knows another program that does this please let me know

clayogre

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:20 pm

It would be a simple enough matter to make a grid brush. Just make your grid, whatever size you want, then do Select>Select All, then do Script-Fu>Selection>Selection to brush. It will take your selection and make it into a brush and make it the currently selected brush. Gimp brushes must be greyscale to be used with any color, otherwise they will be whatever color you used when you made them. To make it greyscale (do this before the above), do Image>Mode and choose greyscale.

ohustle63

Post Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:31 pm

bump

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software I need help......what program was used in these pictures??