Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software software for viewing raw files

Photo Editing Software

software for viewing raw files

malamute

software for viewing raw files

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:57 pm

what is the best software (fastest) for viewing raw files (cr2) ?>i don't need it for editing,just viewing.I have the latest version of acdsee and i also have the canon viewer as well but both seem slow.Photoshop is the fastest.

svend_tang

Re: software for viewing raw files

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:32 pm

malamute wrote:what is the best software (fastest) for viewing raw files (cr2) ?>i don't need it for editing,just viewing.I have the latest version of acdsee and i also have the canon viewer as well but both seem slow.Photoshop is the fastest.

Not sure if its the fastest, but its very cheap: the windows xp raw plugin. You can get it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... layLang=en

lance_h

Post Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:33 am

I use IrfanView (been using it for many years) because it is very fast, opens in full screen, not a window (if you tell it to in preferences) and is makes previewing raw files very nice. you can also use the thumbnail browser (it too is very fast), and open photos into the image editor of your choosing (i.e, Photoshop).

http://www.irfanview.com/

(be sure to get the plug ins for it) :wink:

kristofer

Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:00 am

irFanview rocks! It's great for Raw-file viewing

malamute

irfinview

Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:10 am

it IS good,i went and got it plus the plugins,infact the full file i got included the plugins

ghsmith178613

came with your camera

Post Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:12 am

the Canon sofware that came with my camera works really well. Best of all, it was FREE! my Nikon friends say the same thing. it will do stich, rotate, some color balance, CR2 manip. and viewing, file management.

i shoot teathered to laptop or desktop when possible. the Canon software is excellent for viewing in real time!!! i have teathered up to 22ft, heard of up to 36ft.

if you lost the Canon disk, go to their site, and dl it - FREE!!!!

malamute

re

Post Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:13 am

i downloaded and am useing irfinview for the raw files,it is so fast compared to other raw viewers

normlynch

Post Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:07 pm

Capture One

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software software for viewing raw files