Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Need help on Photoshop RAW Plug-ins

Photo Editing Software

Need help on Photoshop RAW Plug-ins

mnoble

Need help on Photoshop RAW Plug-ins

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:29 pm

I have Photoshop CS and both the ADOBE RAW plug-on and the Olympus Plug in for their RAW format (.orf). I still cannot open RAW files from my Olympus E-500. I shot off an e-mail to Olympus but they never replied. I would really like to take advantae of the RAW editing features in Photoshop. Any ideas on what I can do? :?

dougj

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:03 pm

You could try the Adobe Camera Raw user forum. You have to register, but it may provide some help.

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx ... .3bb6a858/

ernst

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:30 pm

Be assured that you have the latest version of Adobe Camera Raw.
I don't know your camera, is it a recent model? Maybe it is not yet incorporated into ACR...
I checked the Adobe website and your camera works with ACR 3.2 and later. Unfortunately, it seems that ACR 3.1 and highr are not compatible with Photoshop CS (only CS2)

Link: http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw/

mnoble

Re: Need help on Photoshop RAW Plug-ins

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:28 pm

mnoble wrote:I have Photoshop CS and both the ADOBE RAW plug-on and the Olympus Plug in for their RAW format (.orf). I still cannot open RAW files from my Olympus E-500. I shot off an e-mail to Olympus but they never replied. I would really like to take advantae of the RAW editing features in Photoshop. Any ideas on what I can do? :?

I think I answered my own question. It appears to be a problem with the RTFM dictum. As I read through the Olympus RAW plug-in instructions, I realize that it must be placed in the Import/Export file in Photoshop. NOT the plug-in folder. You then use the Import command in Photoshop to grab the Olympus RAW files. DOH! None of the Windows versions of the Adobe Camera RAW plug-ins for Photoshop CS support the .orf files from my Olympus E-500. :wink:

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Need help on Photoshop RAW Plug-ins