Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Problems with reading my card on computor

Photo Editing Software

Problems with reading my card on computor

artandrevolution

Problems with reading my card on computor

Post Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:38 pm

I recently purchased my first digital camera and I am trying to upload my pictures onto my computor but i seem to be having problems.
I installed the Canon EOS digital solutions disk and the first time i plugged my card reader into my laptop, all of the thumbnails showed up. I tried to then upload them all and it only successfully transferred like two before i did them individually but they wont open.
when i try and open the DCIM folder from the card reader i now get

E:\DCIM is not accessible
the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

anyone have any ideas as to why this is and how to fix it?
"The role of the revolutionary artist is to make revolution irresistable"

jdepould

Post Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:39 pm

did you format the card in your camera?
Nikon D300, D200
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D, 55mm f/1.4 micro, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G DX, 80-200 f/2.8D
Apple PowerBook G4, MacBook Pro
Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop CS3

artandrevolution

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:47 am

yes. and like i said...i was able to get about 2 images off the card from about 80 or so.

jdepould

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:20 am

Reformat and take some test shots. Otherwise it sounds like it might be defective.
Nikon D300, D200
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D, 55mm f/1.4 micro, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G DX, 80-200 f/2.8D
Apple PowerBook G4, MacBook Pro
Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop CS3

dansar

Re: Problems with reading my card on computor

Post Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:04 am

artandrevolution wrote:I recently purchased my first digital camera and I am trying to upload my pictures onto my computor but i seem to be having problems.
I installed the Canon EOS digital solutions disk and the first time i plugged my card reader into my laptop, all of the thumbnails showed up. I tried to then upload them all and it only successfully transferred like two before i did them individually but they wont open.
when i try and open the DCIM folder from the card reader i now get

E:\DCIM is not accessible
the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

anyone have any ideas as to why this is and how to fix it?

I got the same problem. Try another card reader. Since a defective card reader can corrupt data, make few new pictures with a formatted card and try a new card reader.

goodlistener

Card Reader Troubles

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:55 pm

Artandrevolution: You might try calling the Canon technical support hot line. I have called them a few times and they are very responsive. The problem most likely is not with Canon but I hope they will take up the question and help you solve it. You could also just skip the card reader and see if everything works that way.

artandrevolution

Post Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:41 pm

thanks for the replies. i am able to view my photos on my camera but was unable to shoot more photos on the card and unable to get the pictures off of the card that were already there. i went ahead and bought a new card (i needed one anyways with more space) and everything has worked out great. so im speculating that it was the card that got corrupted and not the card reader. Hopefully i can send it to canon or somehting and they can remove the images for me.
I'm an old time film user so this new digital stuff is often very perplexing to me.

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Problems with reading my card on computor