Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software batch process raw to jpg ?

Photo Editing Software

batch process raw to jpg ?

malamute

batch process raw to jpg ?

Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:27 pm

is there a program to batch process raw files to jpg ?

ernst

Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:43 am

I think most RAW converters can do this.
I use Photoshop CS2 and Adobe Camera Raw (ACR), but Rawshooter Essentials / Premium does this too. I don't have experience with Capture1, Bibble or other software, but I trust these can do that too.

My workflow is this:
1. Start Bridge (comes with Photoshop CS2)
2. Select the raw files for editing.
3. Open raw files in ACR and adjust /crop to taste. You can open several Raw files at once.
4. Still in ACR, select all images and save as 16bits tiff, Adobe RGB, 300 dpi. Of course you can save as jpeg here too.
5. Close ACR.

Alternatively you could make an action in Photoshop that processes your raw files. I do this when I want to do more editing than ACR can, such as resizing for the web, adding boders and signature, black&white conversion.
Still in Bridge, start the action via Tools, Photoshop, Batch...

I noticed though that the crops I made in ACR are not taken into account when I batch process raw files. :evil: First saving to tiff does the trick..

dougj

Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:58 am

Irfanview does batch raw processing, and it's a freebie :)

http://www.irfanview.net/

lucianob

Post Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:46 pm

hpotoshop do that action

RG
http://www.triangulocolor.com.ar

dermit

Post Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:35 pm

ernst wrote:I think most RAW converters can do this.
I use Photoshop CS2 and Adobe Camera Raw (ACR), but Rawshooter Essentials / Premium does this too. I don't have experience with Capture1, Bibble or other software, but I trust these can do that too.

My workflow is this:
1. Start Bridge (comes with Photoshop CS2)
2. Select the raw files for editing.
3. Open raw files in ACR and adjust /crop to taste. You can open several Raw files at once.
4. Still in ACR, select all images and save as 16bits tiff, Adobe RGB, 300 dpi. Of course you can save as jpeg here too.
5. Close ACR.

Alternatively you could make an action in Photoshop that processes your raw files. I do this when I want to do more editing than ACR can, such as resizing for the web, adding boders and signature, black&white conversion.
Still in Bridge, start the action via Tools, Photoshop, Batch...

I noticed though that the crops I made in ACR are not taken into account when I batch process raw files. :evil: First saving to tiff does the trick..

In bridge select all the ones you want to process. Then in the Tools pulldown menu select Photoshop> Image Processor and this will take you into Photoshop and open an imae processor dialog box where you can convert to Jpg or Tiff, or both. You can also tell it to limit the size of the converted images as well as other things.

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software batch process raw to jpg ?