Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software The 'amazing' RAW Converter from Iridient

Photo Editing Software

The 'amazing' RAW Converter from Iridient

burgkamp

The 'amazing' RAW Converter from Iridient

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:58 pm

RAW Converter for Mac OSX only by http://www.iridientdigital.com is awesome!
I've been using Capture One LE for some time now, but this software blows all of the competition out of the water! Download a trial at the site and find out for yourself!

burgkamp

Anyone else tried it?

Post Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:50 pm

Has anyone taken my advice and given it a try? Love to hear from you with your thoughts!

ae6eg

Re: Anyone else tried it?

Post Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:56 am

burgkamp wrote:Has anyone taken my advice and given it a try? Love to hear from you with your thoughts!

Yes, I am working with it on trial basis, and I too am impressed. What I really like is that I can work in LAB color space in this program BEFORE going to PS2. That speeds things up considerably, and eliminates the need of using the Adobe Bridge, a most troublesome program.

Thanks for suggesting it.

Jim

ae6eg

Re: Anyone else tried it?

Post Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:07 pm

burgkamp wrote:Has anyone taken my advice and given it a try? Love to hear from you with your thoughts!

Ian:

I purchased the software this morning. It is amazng, and just what I have been looking for to replace errant Adobe Bridge. Works great, and I'm just beginning to fathom it's usefulness.

Thanks for recommending.

Jim

burgkamp

Also Great for Noise Reduction

Post Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:45 pm

RAW Converter is also second to none for Noise Reduction. I use it a lot when I take low light shots indoors at 1000 iso plus. I can hardly see the noise when I get the prints back from my pro lab. This software is just awesome.

jimcritchley

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:44 am

Has anyone else here tested this software? Burgkamp, have you tried posting in the more popular galleries? I know it is not topic related but more people may post a reply. Does this work on an iMac as that is what I am using.

burgkamp

Re: RAW Converter on a Mac

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:35 pm

Hi Jim,

Yes, the software is for Apple Mac only.

System Requirements:

* PowerPC G4 or G5 processor or Intel processor
* Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later
* QuickTime 6.4 or later

System Recommendations:

* Mac OS X 10.4 or later
* 1.0GHz or faster G4 or any G5 or Intel processor
* 256MB or more of free system memory, optimum amount of free memory will depend on megapixel size of image files.

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software The 'amazing' RAW Converter from Iridient