Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Crop for Printing with PS or Elements

Photo Editing Software

Crop for Printing with PS or Elements

elcamino84

Crop for Printing with PS or Elements

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:21 am

Stupid question and the answer may be under my nose. When I take my prints to Where Ever to print from a kiosk I am given a tool to crop for different print sizes. I often take advantage of this for minimum cropping and sometimes will snag a 8x10 vertical out of an hortizontal photo. QUESTION.....what is a good way to crop for 4x6, 8x10 on my PC? That way I can crop and then upload or print later.

jdepould

Re: Crop for Printing with PS or Elements

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:21 pm

elcamino84 wrote:Stupid question and the answer may be under my nose. When I take my prints to Where Ever to print from a kiosk I am given a tool to crop for different print sizes. I often take advantage of this for minimum cropping and sometimes will snag a 8x10 vertical out of an hortizontal photo. QUESTION.....what is a good way to crop for 4x6, 8x10 on my PC? That way I can crop and then upload or print later.

Use the crop tool? Do you already have CS2 or elements? The other thing you can do is use the image resize tool. The perameters for size should come up when you click on the crop tool, and they'll be in the resize window. I think this is what you're asking? I hope.
Nikon D300, D200
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D, 55mm f/1.4 micro, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G DX, 80-200 f/2.8D
Apple PowerBook G4, MacBook Pro
Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop CS3

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Crop for Printing with PS or Elements