Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software MAC help please

Photo Editing Software

MAC help please

wtspc

MAC help please

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:42 pm

I am new'ish to digital photography here in England and use a Mac + CS for my graphics work. I have a 30d with image browser and DDP also I have IPhoto and my question which is the best programme to download and index from my card reader to.
I have been shooting in jpeg but now want to explore RAW, but I bit baffled about which is the best way forward. I have a Mac G5 (1gig ram Apple20"+ CS but been told that I can use Bridge, but will need to upgradge to CS2. Also Apeture 1.5 is coming out and this to has been reccomended but I believe it is power hungry . Any ideas on cataloging and the best way forward would be gratefully appreciated!

maresphotos

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:19 am

I have a Mac, EOS 350d and I use iPhoto to download and catalog my photos, it will handle both jpg and raw. I like iPhoto because it is very simple to use and it will automatically make a backup of all the images you download. If you edit an image and then in the future decide you want to have the original back, all you have to do is select the image and then click on revert to original. I also like the ease that it lets you organize and sort the photos. I use CS2 for editing my photos , you need CS2 with ACR to edit raw files, CS will not handle the raw files. I don't use the programs supplied with the camera because I already had CS2 and iPhoto and like them very much.

wtspc

Post Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:56 pm

Thank you very much. I have today upgraded to CS2 but yet to try ACR out with my raw photos. Just a thought, but can you use Bridge instead of Iphoto for catologging, previewing etc. Sorry if it is a daft question , but I'm still on a steep upward learning curve!

sebtd

I use Aperture

Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:10 am

I use Apple Aperture for transfering my picute where I cant edit, ajust and manage my jpeg and raw whit my 30d. Then after, if nedeed I export them to CS2 for more advance photoshoping (apperure is more for controling and cropping and more basic and intermédiaire stuff)

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software MAC help please