Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Has anyone tried Adobe Lightroom Beta 4?

Photo Editing Software

Has anyone tried Adobe Lightroom Beta 4?

mnoble

Has anyone tried Adobe Lightroom Beta 4?

Post Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:23 am

I downloaded this software yesterday and got to play around with it some. It is very interesting. You can edit your photos and organize them as well. It doesn't have some of the things that PhotoShop has but it has some things that Photoshop doesn't. It seems very intuitive and I can see that photogs that aren't that facile with Photoshop may think that it is sweet! You can download it for free at : http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom/

It is good unti the end of February. It is definitely worth looking in to.

javascript:emoticon('8)')
Cool

jazzmech

Yes

Post Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:04 pm

My hand is raised! My first introduction was with Beta 3 on Windows. Nothing but positive expereinces with LR. Upgraded to Beta 4 and initially had nothing difficulty getting it to work (lot of crashes, slow performance). I installed Windows Vista RC1 and now my Photoshop LR is part of my digital workflow.

:wink:

jengle

Lightroom Beta 4.1

Post Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:21 am

Yes, I've been using Adobe Lightroom for Windows since Beta 3 (the first Windows Beta). I thought it was clunky and was not too impressed with it and went back to using Raw Shooter Professional. Then I found out that RSP was bought by Adobe & incorporated into ALR. AUGH! I was disappointed to say the least. So I downloaded Beta 3 again and played around with it. It kind of grew on me. It takes a bit to get used to - especially the database management of photos vs. the traditional file management. When Beta 4 came around many of the features of RSP were incorporated into ALR - sometimes with improvements. It's up to beta 4.1 now and still improving; and I'm sold on it.

It handles virtually all types of files - RAW, TIFF, JPEG, DNG etc. If your interested google "lightroom tutorial". There are some good free tutorials out there. There is virtually no documentation from Adobe yet, but many dedicated users maintain lots of prompt feedback on the Adobe labs forum site.

If your a serious amateur or professional photographer ALR may meet your needs. I find that I rarely need to use photoshop CS anymore; and I work FASTER and sometimes SMARTER. :wink:

veronika1

Re: Has anyone tried Adobe Lightroom Beta 4?

Post Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:53 pm

I am not a professional actually so I prefer less complicated software:) I like to play with photos just a little bit and make them look more interesting. I enjoyed a lot software that I found on http://www.frameshow.com. The most important: it was easy to operate:D and it has some nice features too. Try it out, if You like editing photo You will definitely like it.

jdepould

Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:48 pm

I've been using it since the first beta about a year ago. Its really designed to compliment CS2, not replace it. That being said, I make 90% of my edits in LR, I really only use CS2 for more creative/design type stuff. Once in awhile I'll use it if I need to do red eye or if I have excessive noise.
Nikon D300, D200
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D, 55mm f/1.4 micro, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G DX, 80-200 f/2.8D
Apple PowerBook G4, MacBook Pro
Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop CS3

valterj

Re: Has anyone tried Adobe Lightroom Beta 4?

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:08 am

Well... I try Adobe Lightroom Beta 4.1 and just like the Web Flash Gallery:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/ligh ... panoramas/

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Has anyone tried Adobe Lightroom Beta 4?