Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software why use picasa ?

Photo Editing Software

why use picasa ?

packpao

Post Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:58 pm

Page looks like a Google China affiliate scheme. The OP wants to earn money from you downloading it.

If you want to download Picassa (without profiting spammers), then visit the Google Picasa site directly. http://picasa.google.com/

Packpao

softix

Re: why use picasa ?

Post Thu May 29, 2008 10:24 pm

they also have a 2gig storage.
but u need a gmail account :D
just try it.

suephoto

Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:06 pm

I've been using for years and can't live without it! I can process my photos quickly with it, I can crop, lighten and use all kinds of special effects. The great thing about it is that the changes are not permanent. You can always go back to your photo and undo any changes you've made. I tell everyone about it. :D

mateklongse

Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:37 pm

With Picasa 3, the facilities provided to assign file extensions to certain programs to start with i even better. Even RAW's can be directly loaded into Photomatix from Picasa. Its simply a gr8, enhanced image administration program.
There is just one prob. Normally I tend to keep the OS + program on a "system" harddrive in case it crashes, I do not losse my data, Picasa however does not allow by default to change the location of the database for image thumbnailsand albums. If there is a motivated interest, I can provide a solution that allows to move the picasa database onto an extenal harddrive a run it from there while picasa ist started from the usual "program files" folder.

desertrose_images

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:17 am

I love Picasa! Even though I have Photoshop CS3, I most exclusively use Picasa because it is just so user friendly!

irelandphoto

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:25 pm

Because it's so simple to use, even for idiots like me! And it opens my Nikon D700 Raw files. Adjustments are fast and easily made and it saves your original photos for re-adjusting or to step backwards on previous adjustments. Why don't other programs have this feature? Well done Picasa.

collage123

Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:07 am

These days, i have a try for the Picasa to create Valentine picture collage for my boyfriend, but it is not satisfying! Firstly, it don't provide the photo collage templates, and my picture is lonely and dull. Secondly, I can't decorate my collages with cliparts, wordart, stickers, photo frames, stamps, masks like other collage makers. So, i have to give up the picasa, and found some other programs in google. If you also wanna make picture collage, you can use the programs as follows.
Scrapblog
Collagestudio
Photovisi
Smilebox

zuproc66

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:23 am

picasa is light and easy...

janni12

Post Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:11 am

picasa is good because its can collect the whole pictures and show it directly at once

thanks

Rueckfahrkamera

aarenlainey

Post Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:19 am

Nowadays Picasa 3 has become very popular with photographers. I use picasa and its really very amazing. I fixed photos very quickly and accurately. Much more user friendly. Picasa doesn't do layers or anything fancy like that, just adjustments to color and lighting and cropping, you can also convert color photos to black/white very nicely. Everything automatic but you can also used slider bars for more control over adjustments. I use it all the time.
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.

captain_superlekker

Post Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:00 pm

I like it - don;t use it personally but loaded it onto my boyfriends PC where it does a good job cataloguing his snalshots. OK for basic cropping and brightening but not much more. Dont look a gifthorse in the mouth.

surindersinghstudio

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:49 am

I used once or twice but not used too...
Surinder Singh (+91-9971008151)
Advertising, Fashion & Travel Photographer
New Delhi, India.
http://www.SinghStyleStudio.com

towlett

Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:44 am

Because it's free and easy to use.

I use it for basic editing tasks and use other programs such as GIMP when I need them. It's easy to do from within Picasa, right click and choose "edit with". The batch editing is great, I frequently use the batch contrast or "I'm feeling luck" adjustments. Nothing is done the the original file so you can always "roll back" your changes.

I use Picasa for downloading and cataloging all my photographs and to back up my photos to the web, at lowered resolution. Synching the albums to the web provides free back up with unlimited storage as long as you keep the resolution to 2048X1366. Albums end up on Google+ and this works fine for backing up precious family memories and easily sharing them with friends and family.

johnsiacono

Post Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:10 pm

I keep picasa on my lap top in case i have a problem with light room. This saved me a few years ago while traveling. For some reason my light room stopped working and i wad 3 weeks into a 5 week trip. Picasa saved the day

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software why use picasa ?