Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software How do you do this effect?

Photo Editing Software

How do you do this effect?

tiltx

How do you do this effect?

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:09 pm

:) Hi,
I was just wondering how can I achieve a similar effect as used in the picture of this cd cover:

Like how it only uses the 2 colors to get all of the other shades, the circular grain pattern and stuff like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please respond as soon as possible because I need this for a project

thanx in advance! :D

gpaai

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:33 pm

Thought I have never personally played around with it too much, I believe it can be achieved using a feature in Photoshop called "half toning". Type Half Tone (or half toning) tutorial in Google and see what you come up with.

Gary
I love photoshopography.......

tiltx

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:36 pm

thanx so much for the tip! I'll search it now :wink:

photojaq

Post Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:53 pm

In Corel PaintShop Pro - just go in and use the Adust | Colorize option. Then add back different color elements using rectangular selection tool and Flood filling with selected colors. Or use the toolbox's vector drawing tools for rectangles, ellipse and other predrawn shapes. Finally, use Effects | Artistic Effects | Halftones to get the halftone look and feel you want. Hope this is helpful .... :wink:

evershine

Post Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:13 pm

It is actually a part of the printing process. Flecography.
It is used to blend two to four colors together to achive a different color or colors.

CMYK.
Process printing plates are made up of dots and dots are placed next to each other to create any color in the spectrum, So a yellow and a blue makes green. What you are seeing is the pattern of the dots on the plates. The dots are larger than normal

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software How do you do this effect?