Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software iPhoto problem, desperately need help... Please!

Photo Editing Software

iPhoto problem, desperately need help... Please!

koolhaas

iPhoto problem, desperately need help... Please!

Post Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:34 am

Hi! When importing RAW images from my Canon D5 to my iBook, the moment my camera is connected to my iBook it starts iPhoto that starts to automatically convert the RAW pictures to JPEG copies. Not only is this extremely time consuming, it also fills my hard drive in no time! And with my latest pictures, I somehow have them all in threefold! Anybody here knows how I can switch off the auto import function and use EOS Capture (I believe this program is designed to import the files from my camera) instead? Now, if I try to use EOS capture, it comes with a message that he cannot find the camera, even when it is connected!

Hope somebody can help me with this! My folders with pictures are a complete mess now!

Thanks!
Bart

dewulfphoto

Post subject: iPhoto problem, desperately need help... Pleas

Post Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:38 pm

In your application folder find the IMAGE CAPTURE software and open it. Once open click on IMAGE CAPTURE top left and open Preferences
Click General at the top of the Preferences window and choose an application from the pop-up menu.

I am running OS X 10.4.7 A very good place to go for anwers is http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa?categoryID=1 and look for iPhoto

Good luck,
Jan

koolhaas

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:46 am

Thanks Jan!

I cannot find this folder however :-( Well, I posted this question on the website you recommended as well! Thanks again for the tip, I hope my problem would be solved soon!

Bart

koolhaas

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:27 pm

Jan, it turned out that they translated "Image Caputure" a bit diffrent in my Dutch version.... It worked! Thank you VERY much!

Regards,
Bart

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software iPhoto problem, desperately need help... Please!