Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Photo studio's software - Kiddie Kandids, etc

Photo Editing Software

Photo studio's software - Kiddie Kandids, etc

cswanson

Photo studio's software - Kiddie Kandids, etc

Post Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:44 pm

I was hoping someone here might help me. I had my kid's photos taken at Kiddie Kandids this weekend, and was floored how nice their manipulation software is, to crop, resize, overlay filters, masks, etc, all EXTREMELY quickly right in front of the customer as he is making ordering decisions.

Question: Is there any software out there like that? And I don't mean Photoship, Photopaint, or one of those more powerful, but difficult, software programs. I'm talking about something my wife (computer savvy but little about photo editing) could use to EASILY manipulate and save and/or print these photos?

More details: For example, the person grabbed 3 original photos, grabbed one of a whole bunch of masks, and then masked off the three photos, each with a "tear" mask and on an angle. She then quickly added a nice font, changed the back-ground color, applied a half-sephia filter, and "saved" it (not as a file, as more of an amorphous name in the program). Then, she did a few more, all the time impressing us and trying to get us to buy one of these saved things she was working on.

The Photoprint program that comes with Canon printers is KIND OF like this, in that it is very easy to use, very intuitive, and can slight adjust photos. But it has none of the masks, filters, rotation, composition, etc.

Any tips or ideas is much appreciated!

Carl
cswanson2@austin.rr.com

carlosrapa

Post Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:44 pm

If you had Photoshop you could use PhotoFrame Pro 3. Which looks very similar to the Kiddie Kandids stuff...

elcamino84

Post Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:57 pm

While I cannot recall specific names of software I can tell you that just last week I saw at least three programs at COMP USA that does what u want. I'm with you about photoshop....it's a hugh program and not very friendly to do fun stuff...unless u happen to be very good at it.

I suspect the studio u went to had thier own program but go to your local ho-hum and look around. Also, if u had to press me for a name Microsoft has a program I think called Picture Perfect.

Hope this helps.

castledude

Post Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:52 pm

http://www.ulead.com has photo express and they have a trial copy for download so you can check it out.

Broderbund has a lot of different fun programs that may do what you want. The Morphius series is probably closest.

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Photo studio's software - Kiddie Kandids, etc