Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software FREE PHOTO PROGRAMS

Photo Editing Software

FREE PHOTO PROGRAMS

joebatista

FREE PHOTO PROGRAMS

Post Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:40 am

Hello all
Does anybody know of any free photo programs available to download legally?
Much appreciated Thanks

smith_xt

Post Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:30 pm

dougj

Post Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:17 pm

There are several threads in this section related to this.

madlights

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:19 pm

Since Raw Shooter (Pixmatic) has now been aquired by Adobe, and I don't think they are offering the free version anymore. If you have RSE you can work around the lack or support for new cameras by using Adobe's free DNG converter for Raw files, then using RSE for development. A good free viewer that supports RAW is Fastone Image Viewer. It also allows you to edit in a number of other editors, while using Fastone as a browser. So if you have multiple editing programs you can quickly switch back and forth. Doesn't eat up a lot of system resources either.
http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm
Also there is GIMP which also works for Linux...Irfanview which a lot of people use. You can try Adobe Lightroom Beta (which is free for a while - but won't be) If you do a Google search these are easy to find.
It's too bad about Raw Shooter being gobbled up, It was a great program.

reub2000

Post Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:20 am

Another vote for the gimp. I just wish someone would port it to QT.

fillerupmac

Post Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:40 pm

madlights wrote:Since Raw Shooter (Pixmatic) has now been aquired by Adobe, and I don't think they are offering the free version anymore.

It looks like as of 8/4/2006, you can still get the free version from Pixmantec.com, but I'd hurry!!

But I don't even see it anymore on the Adobe sight - looks like they will just make it go away. too bad :(

The Pixmantec site mentions Adobe's Lightroom....

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software FREE PHOTO PROGRAMS