Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Adobe Photoshop 5.0 LE

Photo Editing Software

Adobe Photoshop 5.0 LE

rsam

Adobe Photoshop 5.0 LE

Post Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:49 pm

Does anyone have this? Is it any good? I have Elements 2.0 and don't need the whole Photoshop suite but thought this might be an interesting upgrade. Can't find any decent reviews for it online.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts anyone has on this.

castledude

Post Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:09 pm

Elements was the replacement for Photoshop LE.. You already have a better/more powerful version with elements.

rsam

Post Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:15 pm

Thanks! No wonder I couldn't find any reviews for it. :oops:
Guess I'll stick with what I have .

mtu_fulani

Post Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:53 pm

It's true that Elements was marketed as the replacement for Photoshop LE, & for most purposes it's much better, but Photoshop 5.0 LE has one really good feature that's missing from Elements.

The missing feature is the ability to make sensitive, separate adjustments to the red, blue and green channels - i.e. to change a picture's color balance.

I have Photoshop Elements 2 and I also have Photoshop 5.0 LE. For most things Photoshop Elements is much the more powerful & convenient, but when I want to make fine adjustments to a picture's color balance I switch to Photoshop LE. They make a good pair - in many ways as good as the full Photoshop while being more convenient and easy to use.

I strongly recommend that you get Photoshop LE - if you can obtain it.

Herb

paulsilkphotography

Post Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:31 pm

embe wrote:It's true that Elements was marketed as the replacement for Photoshop LE, & for most purposes it's much better, but Photoshop 5.0 LE has one really good feature that's missing from Elements.

The missing feature is the ability to make sensitive, separate adjustments to the red, blue and green channels - i.e. to change a picture's color balance.

I have Photoshop Elements 2 and I also have Photoshop 5.0 LE. For most things Photoshop Elements is much the more powerful & convenient, but when I want to make fine adjustments to a picture's color balance I switch to Photoshop LE. They make a good pair - in many ways as good as the full Photoshop while being more convenient and easy to use.

I strongly recommend that you get Photoshop LE - if you can obtain it.

Herb

Nope stop with Elements or even better Elements 4 or even better get Elements 5 when it comes out soon and just go here http://free.pages.at/easyfilter/curves.html
and download this free plugin which works in all versions of Elements and will allow you to work in RGB curves for fine tuning color balence as well as a host of other things you can do :D
Keep on snapping and catch the moment if you can.
Paul

http://www.pbase.com/paulsilkphotography

nekko

Post Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:42 pm

Is Photoshop LE available for Mac OSX? If not, what features (tools, filters etc) of Photoshop LE are not available in Elements?[/list]

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Adobe Photoshop 5.0 LE