Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software looking for a robust image organizer

Photo Editing Software

looking for a robust image organizer

mykee

looking for a robust image organizer

Post Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:24 pm

I have a large amount of images and I'm using an old program that the company is no longer in business; otherwise is fast, and user friendly. The program is called ImageAXS.

Does anyone here could suggest something that I could store the thumbnails on the HD and yet keep the original image off site on CDs and yet be able to use the information on the thumbnails to use the right CD.

Another requirement I would like i the same product could view and store Canon RAW images.

sjackson

Post Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:42 am

try ThumbsPlus, I use it to categorize over 35,000 pictures. Does everything you've asked for on your wish list, plus more. I think they even have a trial download.

bobtrips

Post Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:53 am

Suggest you do some digging. If you use a PC visit the PC Tool forum at http://www.dpreview.com and do a search. Use Thumbsplus and iMatch in your search and see what the current feelings are.

(I've been using Thumbsplus for a while. It's good but I think iMatch might be better. There might even be something better now.)

If you use a Mac, then visit the Mac Tools forum. Not all software runs on both platforms.

You might also visit one of the Canon SLR forums and see if there is anything that works particularly well with RAW images. Seems like you're going to need a program that generates thumbnails from your RAW files.

paulsilkphotography

Post Sat May 08, 2004 7:15 pm

I find Adobie photoshop album 2 ideal for my needsyou can veiw raw file drag tags onto images to catogrise and cross file them, it will also burn your images to cd then delete the large file while leaving a smaller image behind to still view if you want it to..once you get into what it can do its quite a remarkable piece of software.

Paul

sheila

Post Thu May 13, 2004 4:37 am

I second Paul's suggestion of Photoshop Album 2. Its a very inexpensive software which does everything that you would need. Most importantly, it can handle RAW images (my version of Thumbs Plus doesn't). The secret of downloading RAW images to Photoshop Album 2 is to shoot at least one image in Jpeg and then change to RAW. If you don't do this, when downloading images to PA2, it will open up a DCIM file (a card reader file) which is a pain in the butt as you then have to move your RAW files. I found this out by accident of course! You can buy PA2 plus Photoshop Elements as a package.

Cheers
Sheila
Sheila Smart
Canon 5D Mark III; 17-40L; 24-70 f/2.8L; 70-300 f.4-5.6 L USM; 135 f/2L; 100 f/2.8 macro; 8-15 f/4 L fisheye

Blog: http://sheilasmartphotography.blogspot.com/

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software looking for a robust image organizer