Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Is there an easier way to make these?

Photo Editing Software

Is there an easier way to make these?

yugerg

Is there an easier way to make these?

Post Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:20 pm

I'm posting this image as an example of what I'm talking about and because I don't even know what this process is called. It took me some time in photoshop to create it. I'm not trying to get any complements here. I was just hoping that some one might know what this is called and if there is software and/or PS Plugins that could automate this process. I've seen this kind of work and really liked it and I have a feeling there is an easier way to make this things.

Thank you for your time and help.
Gene

graylady

Post Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:10 pm

This look like a tryptich. I've read somewhere else that there is a photoshop action to do it. As I don't use photoshop I did'nt keep the info.

You could try google with "tryptich photoshop action".

Graylady
------
French speaking from Quebec, Canada. I learned photography using my Olympus C-5050 and now am having fun with an Olympus E-500.

viljamix

Post Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:20 pm

I guess you mean a triptych. Here's a link to the dpreview's Retouching Forum. There's more about triptychs.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readf ... 217&page=1
I really do appreciate if you could leave a comment. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Cheers, Jorma

You'll never get out of this life alive.

http://pbase.com/viljamix

yugerg

Post Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:04 pm

Thank you both so much!!! The action was still available on DPREVIEW and it works great.

Here's the proof. Used it on the first picture I found just to try it:

viljamix

Post Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:41 pm

You're welcome. Looks great indeed. Here' one of mine, I used another technique:

I really do appreciate if you could leave a comment. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Cheers, Jorma

yugerg

Post Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:24 pm

Very nicely done. Did you manualy create this one?

viljamix

Post Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:53 pm

yugerg wrote:Very nicely done. Did you manualy create this one?

Thanks! Well, I have some ready made triptych templates on a CD. Adding my images and using Screen blending mode the making of this triptych image was a pretty quick and easy job to do.

Cheers, Jorma

reflectionsbyruth

Post Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:27 am

I downloaded the plugin and when I extract it... it wants a password????????????/

why is this happening? has anyone else had that problem?

yugerg

Post Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:54 pm

I downloaded it from the same link and it didn't ask for aby passwords. If you give me your email I'll email you the unzipped file.

reflectionsbyruth wrote:I downloaded the plugin and when I extract it... it wants a password????????????/

why is this happening? has anyone else had that problem?

rileypm

Post Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:59 pm

I downloaded the plugin. Now where do I put it to make it work?

yugerg

Post Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:35 pm

rileypm wrote:I downloaded the plugin. Now where do I put it to make it work?

You need to put it in the actions folder. Typicaly on a PC it goes into:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Presets\Photoshop Actions\

It's Photoshop CS in my case, but could be any version. For photoshop to to realize that there is a new action installed you have to either restart Photoshop or load the action from the actions menu.

Gene[/b]

rileypm

Post Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:37 pm

Thanks, that is a big help.

patrickdv

Post Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:22 pm

I downloaded it, tried it but it gets stuck with a notice "layer"background"" is missing.....
What am i doing wrong????
i am usin CS2 in Dutch, maybe there's the problem?

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Is there an easier way to make these?