Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software how to resize edit images for web

Photo Editing Software

how to resize edit images for web

picnic4u

how to resize edit images for web

Post Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:30 pm

What i would like to know is what is the best way to get your jpeg , raw tiff etc ready in either CS2 or what ever so that it looks it's best when i up load to PBase. what size should it be resolution if down sizing what do I use bicubic , smoother, or one of the other combinations etc all these things I would like to know please

dang

Post Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:38 pm

As a general rule, most people seem to use "Save As", and not "Save for the Web". Save As will keep your exif data in tact. The general size is 800 X 600 Pixels, with a quality of 7 or above and keeping the file size between 100 & 150 or so Kb's. This will insure if someone takes an image they can't make a large sized print for reproduction.

The second option is to use the "Delete" function Pbase has on the upload page, but it's been debated that the quality isn't quiet as good. From personal experience it saves the photo at around 80 to 100 kb, and increases the artifacts, although others use it on a regular basis I also felt it changed the color somewhat. If it's done as I first describe you're displaying the original image and maintaining the best quality. imho
Hope this helps.

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software how to resize edit images for web