Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Photostudio Vs photoshop

Photo Editing Software

Photostudio Vs photoshop

assri

Photostudio Vs photoshop

Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:16 pm

Photostudio Vs Photoshop

I have just started scanning old photos. My software is ArcSoft Photostudio 5.5. I notice that this "forum.pbase" site (to which I just subscribed yesterday) seems to mainly discuss items which are related to Photoshop software.

(1) Are the two software programs pretty much the same in structure?
(2) If not, where can I find a forum devoted mostly to PhotoStudio?

Many thanks,

Bill T.

nzmalamute

Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:07 pm

I have heard of arcsoft but have never heard of your software

dsgrouse

Re: Photostudio Vs photoshop

Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:18 pm

assri wrote:Photostudio Vs Photoshop

I have just started scanning old photos. My software is ArcSoft Photostudio 5.5. I notice that this "forum.pbase" site (to which I just subscribed yesterday) seems to mainly discuss items which are related to Photoshop software.

(1) Are the two software programs pretty much the same in structure?
(2) If not, where can I find a forum devoted mostly to PhotoStudio?

Many thanks,

Bill T.

Try looking for suport forums on Arc soft's home page.

Adobe PSCS2 is the grpahical template for most GD work. It encompases such a wide range of fields that it has become the defacto standard for many different types of design fields.

Not just photwork.

There are plenty of other software packages that people use in conjunction with CS2,

bibble,
RSE,
RSP,
Canon or nikons in house software.

Do not feel the need to abandon a place because you don't have that software. Much of what is mentioned here about CS2 translates very well to all other software programs. IE unsharpen mask, Layers, channel mixer..

thresholdprod

Post Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:57 am

I have both photostudio (5.5) and photoshop ( 8 or cs) . Both have strengths and weaknesses. On certain days one will hate me while the other loves me. Both have really cool effects that the other doesn't.

A lot of the discussion is about photoshop because thats the one with largest makert share. Its along the same lines of "how much pc" vs "how much mac" talk there is in a forum.
Bill Freeman
"A picture may be worth a thousand words, but usually consumes the bandwidth of more than two thousand." --Gym Quirk
Many great words of wisdom and advice http://www.pbase.com/help http://pbasewiki.srijith.net/

rileypm

Post Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:11 am

I have both photoshop and photostudio. I use photostudio to remove red eye from snapshots and to import images from my scanner. Once scanned however, I use photoshop for digital image manipulation, ie. color ballance, contrast, saturation, etc. Mostly, I think, it is what can you afford and what are you comfortable using.

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Photostudio Vs photoshop