Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software ACDsee 8

Photo Editing Software

ACDsee 8

lebororo

Post Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:19 pm

New programmes are so heavy... and "slow" :evil:
Acdsee is a good programme to see rapidly your photos, renaming and doing contact sheets...
I have used for a long time ACDSee 3 and keep running ACDsee5 who is the fastest and very stable for these functions...

I am using photoshop elements V1 - not too heavy and doing the right job.

lebororo

reflectionsbyruth

Post Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:41 pm

If you have had your computer from the time ACDSee version 3 and Elements version 1 then I would guess your computer is older and doesnt have what the newer computers can run. I would bet at one point you will have a hard time opening the higher megipixel jpg files with the nwer cameras. I had to upgrade to a newer and faster computer once I noticed the system running slower because of it.
If you can afford to upgrade to a faster computer, it would help a lot :D

nzmalamute

Post Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:55 pm

"I would bet at one point you will have a hard time opening the higher megipixel jpg"
I don't think you should presume people who use the old versions of programs have old pc's,it is usually because the older versions are simpler and easier to use,ie like i also use and prefer acdsee 3 plus eudora 3..I only upgraded to netscape 7 a few months ago and used to use netscape 4
Actually i have no trouble opening high res images and raw files,for some reason Acdsee 8 was running very slow here.I have 2Gig ram and P4 3.2 plus good motherboard.Anyway I just had a quick look at it because some people here were talking about it.And for some reason ms digital image takes a lot longer to open raw files compared to Photoshop

reflectionsbyruth

Post Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:45 am

I wonder if your system is running slow because of spyware?
I say that only because only last week one of our desktops was running real slow and since we have another faster desktop we acquired from my brotther in law after he died we figured our older computer was just slow.
It wasnt until my husband bought Trend Micro's PC-cillin did he find out spyware had somehow permeated our older computer. Norton Utiliies didnt even find it nor some of the small non harmful viruses.
PC-Cillin found them all, cleaned up the registry a lot better than Norton and now we have 2 fast computers :lol:
I was having a heck of a time before viewing, opening, and especially saving my Raw files out to jpg's and even worse saving them to tiff. I would just hit save and walk away from the computer and not come back until sometimes 20+ mins more :lol: it was quite annoying.
With the fast computer you have just about anything should fly like the wind :)
The one I am on now is amazingly fast compared to our 2 laptops and other desktop. And this is only P4 2.4GHZ and 1GB ram.

nzmalamute

re

Post Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:57 am

I know that i have no spyware.i am an experienced computer user and i monitor my pc very closely,i also monitor where my pc connects to when i am connected.
I know a local guy who has the same configuration as i have,he has so much rubbish on his computer that it is as if his pc is an old one.It is mostly extra fonts that has slowed it down

don_empey_photography

BreezeBrowser

Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:56 pm

I use BreezeBrowser. It's the fastest viewer/ organizer I have found. you can also batch process images and even add your own wattermark/copyrite to every image while you are at it. Love it!

cameronad

ACDSEE 8

Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:55 am

reflectionsbyruth wrote:I also tried Extensis, iView, FotoStation, PicaJet, Adobe Album, Jasc Paint Shop Album, Picasa, IMatch, and each one had something that just wouldnt do what I wanted it to.
I think a true photo organizer needs to be able to work with viewing offline/CD/DVD images so you know which CD/DVD to look on.
I didnt need one that does photo edition but if it did it well, that was a bonus.
Some just wont read RAW/NEF files and thats a MUST for me using a DSLR

Does ACDSEE 8 (standard or pro) support cataloging and viewing offline media (ie CDs DVDs external HDs)?

reflectionsbyruth

Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:31 pm

yes, it does cataloging and viewing offline media (ie CDs DVDs external HDs)
problem was I have all my files in organized folders. I made cataloged albums according to my folder names and also key words to link my photos to for easier searches later.
So I grabbed the albums that were listed as the folers I wanted back up on to DVD. It seemed to work until I looked at the DVD and found that all files were copied over but not in the nicely named folders. They were all in the root of the DVD giving me way too many files to breeze through.

I dont know if I did something wrong but it should have copied over the files exactly with them inside the different file folders.
Jan - March that I have on 2 separate DVD's are now a lot harder to find :(

Previous

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software ACDsee 8