Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software ACDsee 8

Photo Editing Software

ACDsee 8

reflectionsbyruth

ACDsee 8

Post Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:31 am

Hi,
Does anyone here use ACDSee and own the latest version 8?

I recently won it on another website and wanted to hear others who might use it extensively for photo organization
Thanks,
Ruth

nzmalamute

re acdsee

Post Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:16 am

i use an old version 3,is fast and simple but i have just downloaded version 8 off a friends web page

reflectionsbyruth

Post Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:03 pm

so your friend stole it and is giving it out for free!!!!!!!!
Thats really stupid of him lol

nzmalamute

re stealing

Post Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:22 pm

No he bought it and gave me a copy as a favour and he ISN'T into pirating

reflectionsbyruth

Post Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:06 pm

oh sorry lol
I forgot they have that offer buy one gift one :)
Glad that you got it. Its much better than version 3.
I have used it since it first come out when it was free version 1 aroudn 1995-96

nzmalamute

re acdsee

Post Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:23 pm

I even use an old version of Eudora email software,is faster but hasn't many extras,but i don't need the extras.i also use an old version of Mirc,again it is for the same reason,not that i use irc much these days.i used to spend hours on irc years ago

reflectionsbyruth

Post Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:34 pm

Anyone else use ACDsee and have version 8 now?

I'm trying to figure out which will be better for organizing.

ACDSee or PicaJet

iau

Post Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:00 pm

I've been using ACDSee7 for about a year, but updated to ACDSee8 when it was released. I like the software a lot, and its way to organize my pictures fits my needs a lot better than similar programs I've tried out (Extensis, iView, FotoStation amont others). It's also easy to use and have som advanced features that are very useful. I don't use it much to edit pictures, but it is possible.

Now I'm using ACDSee Pro which was released earlier this month. Most noteable difference is better support for RAW.

nzmalamute

re acdsee 8

Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:23 am

I tried it and gee it sure is slow starting up so i uninstalled it

reflectionsbyruth

Post Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:02 pm

WOW really? what system are you running it on? ACDSee starts fast and run fast on mine.
I also upgraded to ACDSee Pro for $49 instead of the $129 since I had just won Version 8. Anyone buying 8 during the time frame before Pro was released would be able to buy Pro for a discount :)
I'm categorizing anything I took pics of in Jan 2006 to test how I need to work my organizational flow

reflectionsbyruth

Post Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:12 pm

I also tried Extensis, iView, FotoStation, PicaJet, Adobe Album, Jasc Paint Shop Album, Picasa, IMatch, and each one had something that just wouldnt do what I wanted it to.
I think a true photo organizer needs to be able to work with viewing offline/CD/DVD images so you know which CD/DVD to look on.
I didnt need one that does photo edition but if it did it well, that was a bonus.
Some just wont read RAW/NEF files and thats a MUST for me using a DSLR

nzmalamute

re acdsee

Post Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:23 am

I use version 3 but i just use it for quick viewing,it goes thru the thumbnails a lot faster than Photoshop

reflectionsbyruth

Post Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:28 am

I actually used ACDSee since version 1 when it was free :lol:

Windows XP will let you browse thumbnails and filmstrip style.

nzmalamute

re

Post Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:52 am

I used to use old windows OS when IT was free,i remember it was a heck of a job trying to configure a modem,it was all manual work,had to be done in a script,then win3.1 came along

reflectionsbyruth

Post Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:59 am

:D, I used to use OS/DOS too. I guess you remember the modem settings.. 8.N,1 :lol:

and turning on a computer that booted up with only c:> on the screen in either b/w or that wonderful green and black :lol: and of course you could always opt for amber and black .
Do you remember BBS's? :)

Next

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software ACDsee 8