Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Black Background

Photo Editing Software

Black Background

medic203

Black Background

Post Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:58 am

Okay, let me first say this...I'm new to PS CS2 and this whole digital picture thing...with that said, here is my question.

I want to be able to take a photo of an object, such as a flower, and place it on a black background so that only the object shows perfectly. I see lots of pictures like this and want to try some of my own. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Mike

kaapiovuohi

Re: Black Background

Post Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:04 am

medic203 wrote:Okay, let me first say this...I'm new to PS CS2 and this whole digital picture thing...with that said, here is my question.

I want to be able to take a photo of an object, such as a flower, and place it on a black background so that only the object shows perfectly. I see lots of pictures like this and want to try some of my own. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Mike

I believe that many of those examples are taken with a matt black card held behind the flower. Exposed to place the black as dark as possible (or using the black eyedropper in photoshop levels) is probably the effect you're looking for.

Otherwise you've got a lot of careful masking to do.

Cheers,

Stu

joseju

Post Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:45 am

another technique besides using a black background is also taking the picture in a long dark room. only light the object and expose for the object. when you take your picture into photoshop play with the levels to make your background darker so that any, if any, details can not be seen. otherwise, like the previous post said, good luck with the masking.
-check out my pix

henryt

Post Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:55 am

I use black velvet for background.

ericvision

Post Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:32 am

Check out this thread.
http://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?t=17965&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Lots of people gave me advice with the same problem :)

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Black Background